Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
June 16, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

What do people like in art?

:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jun 16, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I drew a picture that got over 300 favs but I don't even like it that much. :( And when I draw something and I think it's an "O.K" picture then it's not popular. XDD I'm not complaining!And it's not like I'm here to be "popular" or "famous". but I just don't understand what people like sometimes.So,what do you like to see in pictures?Bright colors/pastel colors,interesting pose/no pose at all, etc..? :)
Reply

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011
I cannot say what I like as sometimes I just ... like. And while being 'good at arts according some code' resulted me to have good feedback from tutors and people, but it wasn't me. So I rather have 0 favs, no support from tutors as long as the things I do is 'me'. So from others work I see that "them" - atmosphere and something distinctive.

You never can explain why you like something. I.e. when you look my "page" and my 'fave' to introduce my gallery is a photo made after i placed camera on floor to tie a shoelace. And then someone offered me handful of cash to buy it out. Its a failshot, yet it's been offered such amount of euros that I found it be crime. And then i have there a work I spent hours, hours and more hours to work on and eventually i was told its worse drawing i ever done.

I stopped thinking about others, people and just do my thing. Even when its just a scribble, stick figure or something outside the mainstream. Art's something you do to express yourself and not everyone needs to like your "opinion". :)

Mind my english spelling :)
Reply
:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's a very good attitude. :) You're right,you should draw what you want to not what others want to see.


P.s Your english is great :aww:
Reply
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011
There's reason i still seek my style as I spent around 10 years on art classes and under hand of quite known (local) tutors and it took LONG time to understand that I don't 'speak' for myself. Lucky are artists who start off more independent and maintain their line.. even when it is, as i said, stick figures. :)
Reply
:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I love stickfigures! xD They're really fun to draw. :)
Reply
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011
Me too. And it is harder to tell story in few lines than make realistic full colour portarait ;)
Reply
:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So true! :la:
Reply
:iconbolsterstone:
bolsterstone Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011   General Artist
300 favs? Must've been another account. ;-) Anyway on dA -- it's basically kitsch, pop culture and stuff that appeals to the (uh) baser instincts that get views.

So, don't worry too much about popularity. The unspoken rule at dA is that the popular get more popular and the rest, well, just muddle along. For example, last month, I did a random survey of the Daily Deviations for over four days. 60% of those who received DDs on those days already had one. (And, some had 3 previously.) The remaining 40% who received Daily Deviations on those days had none previously.

BTW, keep up the good work. You do have a neat gallery. (Some of my students would be jealous of your artwork.)
Reply
:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What do you mean "another account"? ^^;

Yea that's kind of sad..I mean,a lot of other people deserve DD's too,but they usually get unnoticed..And the daily deviations aren't always that good,either... :)

Thank you very much! ^_^ You teach? :)
Reply
:iconbolsterstone:
bolsterstone Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011   General Artist
Some people have more than one account/name on dA. (Didn't find your multi-fav'd artwork.)
As for teaching, the answer is yes: at a secondary school and at a local gallery.
Reply
:iconmeduteja:
Meduteja Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's [link]

And wow! o.O Is it fun? :)
Reply
Add a Comment: