Closed to new replies
January 6, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

How to Close or Leave a Group? The Answer

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2010  Student Interface Designer
Because I've seen it being asked around a lot, yet there is no +faq item about it at this moment.:B

Please see any comments on this topic below as that is where any information will be updated if necessary.

How to leave a group
:pointr: If you're the Founder of the group, hand the position over to someone else first. If you're not the founder, skip this part.
:pointr: Please note that the person who will take over must already be an admin of the group (Co-founder, contributor, or otherwise in supergroup).
:pointr: Go to the Admin area of the group and click "Manage Members".
:pointr: To the left, select your current role (Founder).
:pointr: Click the arrow next to your name. In the drop down menu, select "Change Role" and choose a random role.
:pointr: In the window that comes up, type the username of the deviant who will take over your position under "New Founder's Name" (you did discuss it with them first, didn't you?;P) and click "Confirm".
:pointr: All admins with access to the admin area will get a little message in their group message center to say that you changed roles. However this message is easy to miss so I'd personally recommend you also tell the new founder that they're now founder.:D

:pointr: When you've done that, or if you aren't the group founder, see this tutorial by ~citamichan which explains and illustrates how to leave a group.

How to leave a group
Please note that only the founder can close a group.

:pointr: Follow the first two steps of ~citamichan's How To Leave A Group Tutorial.

:pointr: Instead of choosing "Leave the Group", choose "Close the group".

:pointr: In the window that comes up, select a reason and choose "Close #(group name) permanently"

:pointr: Your closure request will now be submitted and be dealt with in 2 weeks time. Until then you can reverse your decision by clicking "withdraw" on the correspondance message in your message center.

For any additional questions, please have a look at the Where To Get Help with dA thread... or feel free to ask below and I'll help you if I can.:D

:salute:
=namenotrequired

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

namenotrequired Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2011  Student Interface Designer
:star: Further Update :star:

Regarding the mentioned "where to get Help thread" - Updated thread can be found here.
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2011  Student Interface Designer
:star: Updates :star:

:pointr: *Koomm has a tutorial on How to Leave a Group.

:pointr: This will be added to the FAQ with the next update.
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2011  Student Interface Designer
Oh wow, this was half a day before I got my tick. :giggle:

</irrelevance>
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2011
:P
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2011  Student Interface Designer
You secret lurker.
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2011
I just found this gallery forums. GMs keep talking about it, but I never found it in the front forum page o_O
not now either.
I didn't lurk >_> I found the gallery after Yasmin's journal :P
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2011  Student Interface Designer
Nope, they aren't there. You can find them from the gallery pages themselves (for example; ~literature)
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2011
o__O wow
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2011  Student Interface Designer
I know right! :D No one knows about them :lol:
Add a Comment: