Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 21, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

I read somewhere that Adobe released older versions of Photoshop for free download(Legally) True?

:iconsketchman1981:
sketchman1981 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I'm just starting back into my art and moving into the digital realm. I've used photoshop in the past, but it's been years. Currently using Corel Painter 12, but it's taking some time getting used to. And I feel like so many of the painter features are wasted on a non painter. the realistic painting effects are useless to me at this point since I don't know thing one about painting. I typically used digital airbrushes or simple color brushes on the early Photoshops. I've seen some amazing work done with both Painter 12 and PHotoshop CS series. Though Photoshop has a lot more tutorials and community help.

For a background, I'm mostly a comic artist/illustrator. I'm looking to improve my color work, and would like to eventually get into painting highly detailed stylized realism work. If it's true that Adobe released earlier versions of the creative suites for free I'd love to start there and then upgrade later when I'm actually getting familiar with it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcindykbaker:
CindyKBaker Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Get the free versions from the adobe download site. CS2 or Elements 5. I got mine for free.
:icondanidoodles7:
danidoodles7 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ooh! where do i find a link for that? i would like to download it :)
sketchman1981 Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Yeah. I'm just not sure that CS2 would benefit me any compared to Corel Painter 12. Painter works great, and I'm not doing any photo editing. If I can, I'm going to try and get masterful at Painter, at least within my style.
:iconshardel:
Shardel Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
If you interested, i have a photoshop cs5 that i can sell to you for $100....just note me if your interested.
sketchman1981 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
how would you sell it? Is it a legit copy? I don't think that you can re-sell software once you've registered it. Not sure.
:iconshardel:
Shardel Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
sent you a note
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student General Artist
Since you don't know about painting, learn it. You got a library and the interenet, both free and strong resources. It is not a requirement to go to school for art. If you can learn how to observe well, by reading and looking at resources, then you can draw.

School is resources pretty much. The teacher gives you the resources to learn which you paid for, and then you do the same thing. The teacher doesn't do all the work, you make up by working hard for the teacher, and what you can get out of the class.

Im in art school, and its pretty much like your paying for American idol Audition. In each grading project compare to Idol's singing, they coach you and give you pieces of advice, though with an added lecture on how to perform. Then you audition for the teacher. The teacher then grades your performance, based on the finished work.

But by all means, surrounded by an art community, plus teacher, aiming to improve your current skills, being active, portfolio, a ton of resources, and aiming high to get a job is a good reason for art school. If its only for a degree, then you shouldn't attend. You can get cheaper degrees at your local college, or could just buff your porfolio.

Also Make sure you use the reply button, or people won't get to you.
sketchman1981 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I have been using the reply button unless it's not specifically targeting one reply. And I agree, I've been self taught for the most part, but like you said School is great for targeting jobs and having that extra coaching during the learning process.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Its pretty much still resposibility. You have to be responsible to get what you need.

I think too many people wasted money on art school, because of lack of responsibility.
sketchman1981 Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
True. Unfortunately I'm probably going to be continuing as an Aircraft Mechanic for a bit longer. Running out of money and I have an interview on Wednesday for a job. Was hoping while in between jobs that I could get back into school, but not sure that's going to happen
Add a Comment: