February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

HELP WITH SCANNED LINE ART

:iconroboticsince85:
RoboticSince85 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
hey forum - hope everyone is ok....

quick question - wondered if anyone knew how to, after scanning inked line art, doing the neccessary adjustments with grey scale bitmap etc....

is there an easier way of blocking in my white pixel gaps!! other than the painfull annoyance that is physically filling in each white pixel manually with the pencil tool.

on smaller work ill just run through it quickly and clean it up but im just gonne start colouring a larger detailed 'the thing' piece and its gonna take ages solidifying the blacks.

im sure someone has a trick!! let me know!!

thanks
rob

www.facebook.com/roboticsince85
www.instagram.com/roboticsince85

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondomax-art:
Domax-art Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
In Photoshop you can use le level to make some gray tones in white. Then you can select by color the white and delete it. When you have only your lines you can put this layer on multiply and on others layers you can paint what you want ^^.
(I'm sorry for my poor english)
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
What program are you using?
:iconshirayumi:
Shirayumi Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I would offer you to try Paint Tool SAI. It has a great lineart tool which I often use myself,even though I sketch digitally. Unlike MS Paint line tool, it's much more flexible and easy to use, you can also adjust pressure there, edit it without ruining all the picture, and etc. SAI is generally one great program, really.
Add a Comment: