Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

SAI help, Does pen "brush" has pressure?

:iconcliffto:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm talking about the "pen brush" in coloring layers (not pen as in wacom pen pressure), the pressure works fine on "ink pen brush" , "marker brush", "crayon brush", etc. It's even working great on "pen tools" on lining layers.

But the pressure does not works on "pen brush" (basic, the first one in SAI brush box on coloring layers)and "binary brush". what happened? Do they actually have pressure or not? I never remember it before, because i usually make lines on "lining layers mode" and just now I try to make lines from normal layer but these 2 brushes does not give me pressure.

Devious Comments

:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist
:lock: At OP's request.
-closed-
:icondshawnc:
DshawnC Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah they have pressure sensitivity, but they don't blend. The pressure will only effect the density and/or the size of the brush.
So is this normal of what I have?
When I press the wacom pen soft or hard it does not create different thickness.
No that is not normal. Try closing down the SAI program and reopening it. If that doesn't work try unplugging your tablet and plugging back in and the restarting the program. And if that doesn't work reboot your computer.

OHHHH WAIT! Before you do all that. Check to see if you "Min Size" is set to something low. Personally I keep mine at 0% for the most part. This is probably your issue.

Honestly Sai is a somewhat glitchy program. On minute your sensitivity is working the next it's not. Then you're tablet is not communicating with the program. But still an amazing program none the less.
OH MY GOD YESSSSS :glomp::tighthug::la::dummy:
Thanks you so much sir, I turn the min size to 0 and it's working. I feel such a dumb :l :iconretardedplz:
Thank you so much!!!! It's working again now, thank you so much.
No problem! LOL
I felt dumb too after writing all that stuff about restarting and then was like...wait a minute... haha
LOL well you find the solution, tell me if I can help you in return.
I think I'm all set. But thanks anyway!
Add a Comment: