Closed to new replies
February 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Digital art and migraine tendency?

:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Didn't really know where else to put this. So does anyone have any experience on doing digital art while having migraine tendency and light sensitive eyes? I wanted to do some digital art for a change but while coloring in small details, my eyes really started to hurt.

I've been gaming all my life and never really had this problem. Then again I haven't played anything for over 2 months so maybe my eyes are just a bit more sensitive now since they don't get any "practice".

Does the eye hurting get better with time?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Get some F.Lux when you're doing lineart ( it'll remove colour sensitivity ).

Start your drawing/colouring on a grey background, change it at the end, this will:
1. Allow you to see highlights better
2. Stop you straining

See if that helps, put F.Lux on gradual, otherwise it'll just turn everything orange, however it goes with the sun, so during night it removes that blue glare that hurts your eyes.
:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Never heard of F.Lux, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

I always use scanned line art so that also helps a little. The grey background also works wonders. It's not so bad now when I'm coloring during daytime but in the evening when our apartment starts to darken up, it can really turn into hell for my eyes. I'll see how it goes with F.Lux.
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
When it gets dark and your eyes start to hurt, you have several options.

1. Turn on some lights.
2. Lower your monitor's brightness and/or contrast.
3. Take a break, walk around the block, focus on something further away than two feet for awhile, maybe consider going to bed.

In fact #3 applies even to work done entirely in the day. Take a break every so often, stretch, get away from the computer for a bit.

Also yeah f.lux is awesome, it's on my computer, my phone, and my tablet.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Still quite light, use a dark grey, it'll help much easier.

DO NOT colour with f.lux, everything will look orange :P
Add a Comment: