January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

Monthly Digital Art Critique Thread: [ February ]

:iconmamiffer:
mamiffer Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Monthly Critique Thread for the month of February 2013

:bulletred: This thread is for critique requests for DIGITAL ART deviations only.
:bulletred: If you would like critique, please post a comment with a direct link or thumb to your deviation.
:bulletyellow: Not getting any feedback? Remember to give some and you will most likely get some in return.

* Please see the Literature and Photography forums if you want critique on those medias.

Devious Comments

:iconmamiffer:
mamiffer Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
:lock: New month new thread located: [link]
:iconsnak3-charm3r:
Snak3-Charm3r Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I'd like some feedback, on general presentation and technique for this [link]. But all feedback is greatly appreciated equally. Thanks much XD
:iconjoonaheiskanen:
joonaheiskanen Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
[link]
Apologies for posting a second time, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the first post. :o Anyway here's another digital painting and again part of my thesis. Share your thoughts. :)
:iconjoonaheiskanen:
joonaheiskanen Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
[link]
Digital painting for my thesis, share your thoughts and even though this isn't a WIP give some tips how to improve it if possible.
:icongreatblade12:
greatblade12 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

criticism please. this is for an illustration portfolio. thank you so much
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Done.
:iconjamiedavenport:
JamieDavenport Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

I just finished this one 2 days ago and could really use a critique or two on it if anyone has the time.
This is beautiful!   
:iconjamiedavenport:
JamieDavenport Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you!
:iconfooxd:
fooxd Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
need critique plz

[link]
:iconcaptsurge:
captsurge Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Any crits for my drawing so far?
[link]
Commented.
:iconcakoir:
cakoir Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist

Any critique?
:icondelphineapollo:
DelphineApollo Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist

Looking for brutal feed back only, no compliments. Please keep in mind while this may only be an attempt at copying from a stock photo, I'm trying to produce commercial quality work here.
Ok if you're looking for brutal, I'll be as gentle as possible with my brutality. Assuming you drew this by hand, you could have thrown this into illustrator to clean up your lines a bit, if you have access to it. If this was all digital then I would say that use of the find edges filter in your filter gallery would have been a better route to go. Overall, however you're on the right track, you just need to work on your curves a bit more, the pen tool will work wonders for you, this is all assuming you have access to photoshop. Peace to you ^^
:iconjosh-moore:
Josh-Moore Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

Any and all feedback is appreciated, thanks.
I love the lighting on this, especially the vignette you've got around the border. Only advice I can think of offering is a light touch of the guassian blur to make your foreground pop out better. Beyond that I think it's flawless Josh. XD
:iconsh9dow:
SH9DOW Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This is my latest piece, done with a mouse and GIMP 2.8. Any feedback is very much appreciated!
:iconmmemento:
mmemento Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I could use some critique too, I have a hard time with coloring on photoshop, so I could use some tips and advice thank you!
:iconmouseeart:
mouseeart Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Interface Designer
Could you give me some advice on my digital art

and

thanks
:iconfooxd:
fooxd Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
need critical plz

[link]
:icongraciemusic1:
graciemusic1 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
[link]
Painted in Paint Tool Sai and edited in PhotoShop. I'm looking for advice on how to improve. And also, do you think I'm missing out on any features I could be using with either Sai or PS? PhotoShop seems to have a lot of features I cannot figure out.
:iconcliffto:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student General Artist

I would like to get some feedbacks how to make youre picture more "dynamic" and "alive"
also I try to avoid using textures, so if you have some tips on coloring, please tell me so :)
:icongalg0:
GalG0 Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

I would like to recive some critiques to improve
:iconiskander1989:
Iskander1989 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
i want to improve it... =)

:iconaresgirl34:
aresgirl34 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
help me out guys, this is two different version of a commission I am doing for my Sargent. The ideas for this piece is a tribute to the fallen soldiers who have found their way to heaven. Please critique tell me about any changes you'd like to see and which one you like the bast.
:iconsalasara:
Salasara Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I like the right version. The colors are great (i love the combination of red and blue) and it looks a little bit vintage, isn't? So I would choose the right version. And I think his legs are a little bit too long. ;) That's what I would change in it.

In any case, it is a great photomanipulation.

I'm sorry for my english..
aresgirl34 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you very much! You input is helpful ^^
Also, you English is quite good!
:icongloomypandabear:
GloomyPandaBear Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist

I'd like some feedback mostly on the shading, lighting, and whether or not I should change the colors of the line art(can't really explain that last part very well)
aresgirl34 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
A constructive critique on this one would be awesome. Thanks guys!
:iconphyredeiter:
PhyreDeiter Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student General Artist
Hi! So I'm not entirely sure who all is into chibis here, (and I'm new, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum) but I would really appreciate some critique on this! [link]

This is my first digital piece ever, so I am most definitely still learning things, and whatever you can tell me to do differently I will happily receive!
:iconvlyons:
vlyons Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First Completed

How did i do? Any hope for the future?
:iconlittle-owlette:
little-owlette Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Gave you my thoughts! I definitely think you have great potential!
vlyons Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you so much! That was definitely the most helpful feedback ive ever had, and super encouraging!
:iconlittle-owlette:
little-owlette Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Awww, you're quite welcome! I'm glad you liked my feedback! :aww:
:iconkitschie:
kitschie Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Student
Hey guys! If anyone could, I'd like some thoughts on any of my newest 4-5 paintings here [link], I'll take whatever I can get! :heart:
(they include...)
I would add a little bit more sharpness to those areas that you would like to focus (for example the eyes or the lips in the first painting). In my opinion that gives a focus for the beholder.

I like them alot you have a great style!
:iconkitschie:
kitschie Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Student
Thank you, that helps a lot! :heart:
Salasara Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you're welcome!
vlyons Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First ever attempt at digital art. Bought a Wacom Bamboo to help kick start my will to get better in the field. Feedback would be most helpful!
:icon0coffeeblack0:
0CoffeeBlack0 Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Not bad for a first go, I remember my early days working digitally, in fact my very attempt was taking a panel from a pen and ink comic I had done and painting over that.

I actually didn't even use a tablet, I used my finger on a laptop touchpad, but it worked out fine as a first attempt and I later got a Wacom Intuos 3 which I still use today to make images like this one.

For your Image I would say you are off to a good start, I always personally start with a good sketch underneath where I outline where I want the shadows to be and then layer with a translucent brush, adding in shadows first and then eventually getting the right amounts of darks and lights by the end. I would also vary your pallete a bit more. Even if the overall color is red, their are going to be a lot more than just varying shades in there, the shadows for example are going to have some blues and the lighter areas are going to have more yellows and oranges.

Still, it's a good start and Artrage is a good program to work with. You've got the right idea and everyone has to develop their own process, so keep working at it and you'll find yours.
wooow, that's awesome if it is your first attempt. The pose looks very dynamic. That's nice! I advise to complete his full body shading like you have done it before. than I would go on to give him more contrast between the colors and a little bit detail to 'highlite' (-is that the right word for it?) those areas you like the most. In my opinion this gives every painting/drawing the biggest personal mark. Like 'Look, those areas I like the most on it, so why I don't highlite them?'
So please: Go on drawing. Finish him. I'm sure he is going to like very nice!
:iconjulianbraucker:
julianbraucker Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hey :)
I kind of started my drawing career yesterday submitting my first finished painting for a contest from league of legends.
As I don't have much practical experience, just knowledge from tutorials, streams and other inspiring art, I had to spend an incredible amount of time to achieve that. That is what I came up with:

I would be pleased if someone could tell me to improve :)
I obviously don't have a "style" yet but I guess I won't go into realism too much as I did here, I think.

Thanks! :thanks:
aresgirl34 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Professional Digital Artist

Critique these please :}
:icondarkrose8519:
darkrose8519 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This is a work in progress that I'm having some trouble with. I can't figure out what is going on with the blue glow around my tree...the background it was cut from isn't even that color >.> anyway, any thoughts or feedback would be lovely

[link]
:iconsupremex2:
supremeX2 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Any feedback ?
:iconmistybreeze8:
MistyBreeze8 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey y'all!
I have just started to experiment with new styles of digi painting and manipulations...
I would love some feedback on some of my work!

Manip: [link]
Painting: [link]
I would especially love feedback on these 2 WIPs: [link] and [link]

Any critique on any of these would help a lot!
:iconsophielarose:
SophieLarose Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Fairly new to GIMP and digital coloring. Still need to work some kinks out but I would love some constructive criticism and/or feedback on these pieces. They are for a project I am doing based off of various elements (traditional and non-traditional).

Elemental Equine # 1: Lava
[link] (His name is Vulcan. He is the reason why I began this project.)

Elemental Equine # 2: Water
[link] (Aquina is my personal favorite.)

Elemental Equine # 3: Earth
[link] (Not the best. The vines were very difficult. He is the one I would really like feedback on.)

So there they are!
:icondavegomes:
daveGomes Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student General Artist
Hello,

Wanting to know what you guys think of my digital illustration and if you could share some enlightenment and critique :)

Thank you and have a good day :)
:iconhesezrawr:
hesezrawr Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student General Artist
Hello there. I'm new here :) :spyed:
Add a Comment: