Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Manga Studios Debut 4 - Does anybody, um, know how to put text into a speech bubble?

:icondevilkid-chan:
DevilKid-chan Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I feel a little stupid here :XD: But, you see, I've just tried to get started on it, and it was going fine until I went into the 'character' bit and added a speech balloon. Now, when I click 'text' from the toolbar thing, it lets me add words ANYWHERE BUT INSIDE THE TEXT BALLOON.
What do I do?!

(And yes, I have tried double-clicking the balloon, and right-clicking it, etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated!! ^^;

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconweremole:
weremole Jan 26, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I don't know what you mean by "character bit". The text tool is very straightforward. If you type something you can move it around with the move tool. You can even auto-generate text bubbles around your text. But I don't know if thats native to EX or not.

If you have dragged a premade balloon from the Materials folder onto the page it creates its own layer. Make sure your text layer is above that.

I'm just spitballing as I don't know the exact nature of your problem.
:icondevilkid-chan:
DevilKid-chan Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, I mean at the side where there's all the drawing sections, there's a bit labelled 'character'; I'm new to the programme though, so I don't know what it's for apart from speech bubbles. ^^;
Thanks for the help :) I tried that, but I think I've got it in the wrong layer.
Oh, right! Yes! Thanks, that really helps! :D:D
Add a Comment: