Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

So my tablet cord broke and no one knows how to fix it

:iconamuupon:
amuupon Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hi there! During a flight last week my tablet cord somehow got ripped off and I'm trying desperatley to fix it. I've been to Radio Shack and Staples and they dont know how to repair it. Its a real shame because its a large Wacom Intous 2 and getting a new one just because one stupid cord broke is such a waste. Does anyone have any ideas?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmoofactory:
If its on the cord end you could strip it and re wire it back togeather with some conductive tape...after all its just a USB plug.

However if it ripped off inside the tablet... its highly possible you ripped it out of the main board its connected to... in which case...

buy a new one/
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Depends on how it's "broken" If the connections on the inside are frayed, then you're probably screwed. If it's just sheared or cleanly cut, you can try to peel back the casing and get a circuitry voltmeter and remap the connection. With that said, that level of electronic repair is best left up to the professional, who usually won't do it regardless of warranty because it's easier and cheaper to replace the hardware. I feel your pain, but the best thing to do would be invest in a new tablet, perhaps with a extended warranty if you carry yours around a lot.
amuupon Jan 31, 2013  Student Digital Artist
My only option was to send it to wacom and pay 140$ + shipping to have it repaired so I went ahead and got a cheap bamboo instead. Thanks for your reply though!
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Have you tried wacom forums already? They might have replacement parts or offer you another solution :)
amuupon Jan 29, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I emailed them, 140$ for repairing! Felt like it was too much so I got a new one cheaper (: But thanks for the tip!
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow... that's insane 0__o
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 25, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Hm, if the cord has come free from the tablet then you need to send it back to Wacom to get it fixed (not Radio Shack or some computer place, it actually needs to be sent back to the manufacturer. You can get a box from the post office, make sure you pad it well). You can call them or do customer service through their website.

Last I heard, they will replace the cord for a fee if you send them the tablet. But I have no idea what that is, so make sure to ask. Last time I checked it was around $100 but that was a really long time ago.
amuupon Jan 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Ah okay, I just sent the model number to a wacom representative to get a price estimate. Seems like sending it back to wacom is the best solution even though its going to cost me a bit ); Thanks for your reply!
:iconsonyashinto:
If you can't find anyone to fix it, and you are going to buy a new one, i got mine off this site.
[link]

They also have great deals of other electronic stuff.
amuupon Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Ooh I'll definatley keep that in mind! Thanks!
Add a Comment: