Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

PSD FILE ISSUE.

:iconamanjaman:
amanjaman Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Hello. Apologies in advance if I haven't posted this in the correct forum.

Problem: I was making a GIF file. Heavy file, around 100 frames. (This was only to check if the frames were running smoothly, didn't export the file. It was saved as a PSD). My laptop battery finished and it shut down. Now if I'm trying to open the file, it's just showing me one black background layer and the timeline is showing empty frames with no images. Any idea what happened and how it can be fixed? :(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Ooooh, I think your file is lost. You're out of luck :(

I use an olde5 version of photoshop with imageready for animation, and if you open it in imageready it 'closes' it in photoshop and your work will be lost if you don't transfer it back before you save, or save through imageready.
I see. :( I guess I'll just have to start all over again. Thank you :(
It sucks, I know. I had a really cool piece that got corrupted during saving and it still bums me out.
*older

Preview fail.
:iconpactosh:
Pactosh Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah that must suck, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not expert at this but I hope somebody will get you an answer. Just don't work on photoshop when your charger is not plugged because I think photoshop takes up too much memory that will make your battery drain faster, I'm not 100% sure about this but that's what I experienced from working a lot with photoshop.
Yes, I've noticed the same thing too. Photoshop does consume a lot of battery power. I guess I'll just have to start all over again. :(
:iconpactosh:
Pactosh Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Awh :c
well, be careful.
Add a Comment: