Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Graphics tablet or tablet?

:iconwhatsafire:
whatsafire Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
I really want to buy something to do digital art on and maby some animations too. Should I get a tablet (like the samsung note 10.1 or whatever it's called) or a graphics tablet- I was thinking the wacom bamboo fun? How easy are graphic tablets to use? I liked the idea of getting a tablet cus I can use it for other stuff too but the wacom tablet comes withh photoshop and looked like it could do more stuff (in terms of digital art). Thanks for reading, please help! :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzeflyingmuppet:
ZeFlyingMuppet Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
Graphics tablet, I have a bamboo create. Do NOT get a samsung tablet lol. Those are basically laptops with touch technology and a lot less.
remember; tablets and graphics tablets are very different things. Cintiq tablets have a hefty price due to the fact that they have a screen and you can use a pen to touch them, but they look like they are very much so worth it.

Depends on your budget if you're thinking about a graphics tablet. mine was $250 CDN. Cintiqs can run $900+ CDN. There are tablets that cost less than mine, but you must get a pen. Just do some research :)
:icontherebornace:
TheRebornAce Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
=Recoat is right, a tablet and a graphics tablet are very two different things. So of course, the obvious answer would be buying a graphics tablet. in addition to the graphic tablets, if you are not concern so much about the price, a wacom bamboo are mostly for beginners, those who have no experience with digital drawing with a tablet, and it's cheaper. what i recommend is a wacom intuos 5 or 6 (whatever is the most recent). it might be more for professionals and it is quite more expensive than a bamboo, but the variety of options on it are well worth the investment. but anyways, it's up to you, do you want something cheap and for beginners or something more expensive but includes more options?
Lol I don't have much money but getting the graphics tablet :)
:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
Get a graphics tablet.

The Samsung note might be good for "other stuff" but for drawing/ art creation you are really limiting yourself. With a graphics tablet like the bamboo pen you can use it with in all industry standard software. Not to mention getting a low end one, which is all you need to start out on won't be so pain full on your wallet.
Thanks, getting the graphics tablet :)
:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
good choice. Might I suggest a one from the Bamboo line of Wacom Tablet. They are perf for first starting out with digital painting. I've had mine for a few years now, and it's taught me well. Hoping to upgrade to something a little bigger tho soon.
:iconrecoat:
Recoat Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
You're comparing apples and oranges.

A graphics tablet connects to a computer to function, whereas a personal tablet (Note, Ipad, Nook, Kindle, etc) has no means of connecting to the computer during use.

If you plan to do large-scale images and animations, you should really be working on a computer, be it a desktop or laptop with a graphics tablet.

A personal tablet (especially on the cheaper end) does not have the power to run RAM-heavy programs or full versions of what you may want to use. It isn't meant to be run that way.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I dont know if Tablets can be used for animation from what I heard they are crap. A graphics tablet is easier to use and it takes time to get used to as well but you can do so much more with them and a bamboo fun is suppose to be good I use a bamboo pen. So graphics tablet is better in my opinion.
Add a Comment: