Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Creating with iPad?

:iconmiloticscale:
MiloticScale Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Anyone know of any good iOS Apps for creating digital art (besides "procreate")?

Devious Comments

:iconshaunmichaeljones:
ShaunMichaelJones Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013   Traditional Artist
Checkout Artrage its really quite good. Also have alook at David Kassan's work on the ipad, it really shows what can be achieved using it.
MiloticScale Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ah, thanks for the suggestion! :)
:iconlumographia:
lumographia Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
Procreate is probably the best. They seem to be very serious about creating a powerful painting app and keeping it up to date. SketchClub is another good app that's being kept up to date. Sketchbook Pro is awesome. I wouldn't touch ArtRage with a ten foot stylus; it's really slow and laggy on the iPad 3G, though it might be a bit better on the iPad 4G. Brushes 2 is a really good, simple app that has the advantage of recording every brush stroke so your entire painting can be played back as a movie, uploaded to YouTube. Unfortunately, rather than updating the app, the creator of it seems to have rewritten the whole thing and called it Brushes 3, which sucks compared to the second version. If you can find the older one in the AppStore it's worth the money.
:iconforeversoaring:
ForeverSoaring Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've heard that Sketchbook Pro, Procreate, ArtRage, and Art Studio are all good.
:iconfrekkle:
Frekkle Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Inspire Pro? Blending is pretty easy, but I have to keep opening and closing panels to change colors and brushes. Or maybe that's just me. :s
:iconempfmil:
Empfmil Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
On another note, when it comes to styluses ( which to me I can't see anyone doing without if they're creating art on iPad ) I would recommend the Bamboo ones. I've used mine for over a year and am very happy with it.
MiloticScale Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hm. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
:iconempfmil:
Empfmil Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have all the big name art apps on my iPad, and I will just say Procreate, Procreate, Procreate ( the name of the app of course! :O ). It's got great workflow, tons of brushes, loads very fast, let's you create in HD etc. Go with Procreate.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Filmographer
My best friend likes Sketchbook. :)
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
Wacom has their creatively-titled Bamboo app... Procreate is the popular name I hear about, though,
Add a Comment: