Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Colour Profile (Monitors see different colours)???

:iconeverglaves:
Everglaves Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Ok so basically i learnt last year/discovered that monitors display different colours and i was wondering if there was any way to make sure your artwork will display as closely as possible to the original colours you pick.

At the moment i do all my artwork in Paint Tool Sai and then i edit in photshop, the only issue is Sai is on my PC laptop and photoshop on my mac and the difference in colour really get to me. The colours on my PC look really lovely and just how i want them then when i view it on the mac it's like the image has been run through a fluro machine. The colour become much brighter and sometime are completely different colours. For example something which displays blue on my PC will be purple on the mac. For me this is a big issue cause it make me feel really upset to think someone could be seeing my artwork overstated or even seeing different colour completely from what was intended.

I have my mac set to sRBG (from which i have read was the best PF to have it set on)

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is it something which i will have to get used to.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkaber13:
kaber13 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Colors can also vary with monitors too. A HD display made for gamers may have a higher contrast and brightness than a monitor for general use. Most cheap flat screens are like this. The old CRT monitors actually displayed better color than many flat screens. I actually bought a flat screen made specificaly to reproduce acurate color. I think it was a vivox. The easiest thing to do is to callibrate both monitors. Your mac or pc may have a program under your gamma settings to help with this and I think there's even a simple online calibartion technique or you can buy software and or a device to help calibrate. I think there's a thing called a color spider but these can be fairly expensive.
:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, make sure to calibrate them and also make sure that the software is using the appropriate profile. And really all your gear should be calibrated to use the same profile. Camera, printer, scanner as well as the monitor. But, obviously, the monitor is where you're seeing the problem.

Also, make sure that the lighting you're using is the same in both cases and that you have no natural light coming in to screw things up.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Have you tried calibrating the monitor on both?
Add a Comment: