Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Question about what to call this art..

:iconimperf3ction:
Imperf3ction Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Now I am trying to figure this out and still learning classifications of certain mediums. When using digital painting and photo manipulation, is it considered photomanip or mixed media?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Combination of both, depending on the image really, if I was painting of reference images and not using the image itself in the file, I believe that's just illustration then because your going off by your eye on reference. Usually when I use the images in the file, I mainly paint over them as if it was an outline for my idea, I try to manipulate everything but I am wondering if remains with the photomanip or a mixed media in that case.
:iconastarayel:
I could be wrong, but based on what `phoenixleo said, that particular piece probably falls better into the "mixed media" category, just because there is so much painting involved. Do you paint based on the reference images, over them, or a combination of both?
Well tell me your opinion, because I when I use photo references I try to make them so far apart from the original where you can only tell by the pose is the same. [link] I just put it down as a photomanip.
:iconphoenixleo:
If there's considerable amount of painting in it apart from using photographic elements, then mixed media.
:iconweremole:
weremole Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Photo manipulation.
That's what I thought, thanks.
Add a Comment: