Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

How do I "Only-Choose" the drawing in Photoshop, So that the paint will only fill in the d

:iconsanorabluebird:
SanoraBluebird Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
^^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

SanoraBluebird Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you all, I figured it out.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
Also it good to do that. Its for using in other illustrations sometimes and that you can export a design easier then if you were to cut out part of a painting.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
There is many ways to do this. But basically, its drawing in the ground color and the drawing itself, then you need to make the layer so it will only color on the ground. Friendly is one way to do it, but you can also do that.

You can also do lock the transparancy for another way to color, so you don't have to keep selecting with a magic wand.

Via example:
[link]
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
1) they start by drawing with the brush tool on an empty layer
2) magic wand tool with the "contiguous" checkbox checked
3)The flash of red looks like "quickmask mode" (shortcut=Q)turned on for just a moment to check what was selected I guess. and then turned off
4) then Select> inverse
5) then select>modify>contract
6) then it looked like they set the paint brush to color mode and painted on the same layer with the linework
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
(I prefer keeping the color and shading on a separate layer from the line art but your mileage may vary.)
:iconachipps:
achipps Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What I saw was, they used the magic wand on the outside so the drawing was not selected. Then they used the hot keys for Select/Inverse , Shft+Ctrl+I
Then they started a new layer under the lineart and filled the area with a color, and then they clicked on the Lock in the layer panel so they don't draw outside that area when the area is not selected.

I didn't pay close attention, and I saw that much, so maybe after you use it a few times you will see them do all that.
:iconrobertthem:
Robertthem Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
On the layers panel there is a lock called "Lock transparent pixels", click it.
SanoraBluebird Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It didn't really help. When I did that, I couldn't use Brush Tool at all.
:iconpyxelle-art:
Are you sure it said "lock transparent pixels"? Because there's a padlock shape that totally locks the layer. The "Lock transparent pixels" looks like a checkerboard.
:iconrobertthem:
Robertthem Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
When I said there's a lock called that i wasn't talking about the icon. But nevermind, that's not what OP wanted, I got it wrong :)
Add a Comment: