Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Can you make GIFs on Photoshop Essentials 9

:icongloomypandabear:
GloomyPandaBear Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I was just wondering if you actually could. I looked up some tutorials on how to make gifs. I tried to do it on Essentials 9 but the animation option in the window's tab didn't work. It was there but nothing would happen. So can you make gifs using this program?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I know in CS2 you have to make each cell on a new layer then set what you want on the layer in the animation box for each cell-

So you make a background and your layers, make the background visible or select it, in the animation window it shows as the first cell, then you have to duplicate the cells, select the cell you want, select the layers you want to show, then do that over and over for each one.
:icondarqx:
Darqx Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
According to this tutorial you should be able to in PSE9 [link]
GloomyPandaBear Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you!! :huggle:
:icondarqx:
Darqx Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No problem :)
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Jan 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
It's much easier to use a program which is meant to make GIFs. I know a free one...
GloomyPandaBear Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Really? Cool :) Could you by any chance link the website? If you don't mind :hug:
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Jan 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
Ah, yes. It's actually on a website if you don't mind. [link] Choose Animaki from the list and there you go.
I don't know if you wanted to make GIFs from images, but this is handy for pixel animations.
GloomyPandaBear Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you :)
Add a Comment: