Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Painting with forms/shapes HELP!

:iconmarioruy:
marioruy Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Hi, im an 18 year old artist ive only been drawing seriously for 3 months because of people aorund me saying i have talent and etc and im finding that i would love to be a concept artist/2d illustrator as my job.
Now the problem is the workflow that feels more natural to me is the one where u start painting right away with simple forms and sillhouetes but i have a very hard time sometimes transforming those shapes and forms into the things i want i kinda get "lost" in the shapes.
I would apreciate any help or advice in this subject.

Thx for your time reading this.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkaber13:
kaber13 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
As you've just begun I'd say simply practice. It often help to draw a quick sketch of your idea. Capture the key elements you want so that you can solidly remember what you originally want to achieve. Remember you mold and sculpt the shapes, don't let the shapes sculpt themselves if you have something else in mind. Also study the world around you. Train your eye and your mind to see how forms create the things you see, Study how light and show work to create those forms.
marioruy Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Hmm do you mean doing something like, do a rough sketch then do basic colors and shade in a layer under it, then merge the layers and use that as my basic "silhouette" and paint over it?
:iconkaber13:
kaber13 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Yeah, that will work just fine. In fact I do that fairly often. I'll try to put together a tutorial for you. Showing step by step. I may be able to reproduce the image even better than before.
marioruy Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
thx alot, its kinda hard for me cuz its not natural to me nor do i like doing linework, but if you would do a tutorial you would get all the gratitude i can give :)
Add a Comment: