Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

NEW TO DIGITAL ART

:iconquinn-s-art:
Quinn-S-Art Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hi there i am just about to get my first tablet and i was wondering what program i should get to go with it(photoshop, sai, ect) something that will give me options...i think photoshop is like a couple hundred or something someone told me, so are there cheaper ones that are still good to start with, or should i just suck it up and get photoshop?(i do plan on getting them all later)

thank you :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchristianb179:
christianb179 Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
DEFINATELY PHOTOSHOP :DD trust me on this one, it can do almost everything that any other digital painting software can do and more i.e. if you need texture its easier to apply etc. AANNDD adobe is giving away cs2 for free so just use that :D
:iconcling17:
cling17 Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This deviation might be helpful in your decision of software:
[link]
Quinn-S-Art Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks for the info, i have just decided to check out the free trials so i can make my own well informed choice :)
:iconkiwiliko:
kiwiliko Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
just in luck, a few days ago one of the people I was watching released a journal to spread the word around. Adobe has released it's photoshop cs2 out to public for free along with some of it's older versions of the programs. [link]
wow awesome
:iconcling17:
cling17 Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Actually, according to their staff, Adobe's original intention was to allow legitimate purchases of the software an activation, after they shut down their old activation servers. It's just that they removed any real barriers to obtaining a free copy, which is weird.

It technically shouldn't be legal to use these programs, but the news accidentally became so viral, and I believe Adobe still hasn't offered an official response.
thank you everyone for your help and advice XD but replying to everyone individually is getting a little repetitive so please dont think me rude :D you have all been most helpful, (please do not take this to mean i do not want further advice)

i would still like to know how to get more brushes in SAI XD
:iconkatie-chu:
I will forever recommend SAI, but photoshop is better for drawing Pixels and for making transparent background... Good Luck then! :D
:iconcasm1:
casm1 Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
Sai and Gimp are good, then there's also Photoshop (if you can find an older version), and a program called TwistedBrush, which I've noticed is quite good~ ^_^
:iconrainsoda:
RainSoda Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i recommend Sai, its beautiful to sketch on, and their brushes are really something good! :] It is cheaper than Photoshop, also photoshop might be more confusing since it got way more opionions,tools, etc (: you can try trial on photoshop, and sai to check out what you like best (:

i started with photoshop, but now i am using Sai..i find it better while drawing, while photoshop is more for my photos.
But its seriously up to each person what they prefer :) just try it out..
Add a Comment: