Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Photoshop cs6 to cs5

:iconlilith551:
Lilith551 Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Okay, first of all, I have never posted in the forums before so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, my predicament is this. I currently have Photoshop cs5 and I am following a tutorial. One of the source files is a Photoshop action, but it is for Photoshop cs6, therefore it is not compatible with my version of Photoshop, and will not let me load it.

Is there a way to convert it from cs6 to cs5 so i can use this action and finish this tutorial?

Sorry I know, kind of a dumb question.

Thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you know the action steps just create it yourself in cs5
Lilith551 Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Sadly I don't know the action steps. But I found another solution.
:iconrdandrews:
Romper Room is now in session.. Let's see some more of those flame posts so I have something to do today. I know she already deleted a number of them but hey, I'm always hopeful that more of you that haven't had your nap yet and are a bit grumpy will come out to play.
:iconachipps:
achipps Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
An Action in a tutorial?

That is like (Let me show you how to do that. Never mind, I will do it for you. Just click play.)

If they don't want to show you everything then find another tutorial.
:iconnokari:
nokari Jan 15, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
I can't find anything explaining how to save new CS6 actions in legacy formats for use in earlier versions. The best thing I can come up with is to install the CS6 trial, check the steps in the action you have and then record a new action in CS5 by copying each step. All an action is is taking a step by step process and automating it, so it should not be hard for you to replicate it in CS5 unless one or more of the steps relies on some feature that CS6 has that CS5 doesn't.
Lilith551 Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Jan 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,
I think you could download the trial version of CS6 and open the file and re-save it as a CS5 file.

Or you could look for another tutorial covering the same topic.
Add a Comment: