Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login


Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013


Replies: 1

Crack Opening with Image Behind

FatB3lly Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Ok ive seen on some website images with a cracked hole in the webpage. It has a image behind it most of the time. Sorry i cant point to anything at the moment. Cause i cant find where i last seen it. But does anyone know what that is called or maybe can point me in the right direction on how to do that. I have some images i want to get done for our website. Thank You

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

bipole Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Can't think of any examples I've seen, but images with transparent regions are pretty simple to do in a proper image editor.

Making the transparent area is as simple as using the Eraser tool, or Masking if the editor has this feature. You then have to save the image in PNG format, 32-bit color. (In Photoshop, you use the 24-bit PNG option with transparency enabled, which actually produces a PNG-32.) The image can then be overlaid using 'absolute positioning' in CSS.

If you need a single image and not a stack, just use layers in your image editor, along with the aforementioned eraser or masking.
Add a Comment: