Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Need some help with this one....

:iconirmazwart:
IrmaZwart Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My newest deviation is not finished yet.
I just have a problem with the forehead, I don't know how to make a bald head very detailed (with wrinkles and all). Tried everything but it's still so blurry... :(

Any smart people who can give some usefull advice?? Or any usefull tutorials that you know?
Would appreciate it a lot :D

Here's the link: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaguide:
AGuide Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I would suggest first starting in grey scale, as your values are way off. And having some kind of photo reference with decent lighting in order to GET the values down, then add color later.

Values are the most important part of how an image reads, and this piece simply doesn't have a correct range of values that would make your forms read correctly.
IrmaZwart Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks, I'll try that. and I defenitely will use some references now ;)
This might be a very stupid question, but... what are values exactley?? :blushes:
:iconkilometric:
KILOMETRIC Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Cant really help ya there but draw the dude and lightly put the wrinkles in and see how they look and what shadow or you might need to put in for more detail. Look pant or some kind of cloth and work on that til your comfortable with it then move on from there.
IrmaZwart Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ok, thank you :w00t:
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I would advise looking at pictures of old people to see how forehead wrinkles can sit.
IrmaZwart Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah I've done that a bit, but it's still hard to draw it myself ;)
Add a Comment: