Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Would you buy my prints at a con?

:iconjemaica:
jemaica Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I am thinking of selling art prints/buttons/bookmarks etc. art at a small local anime convention, it would be my first time selling my art. the cost of getting a table is only $20 so I am not too worried about making back what I spent for a table.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my art hypothetically if they saw it at a con.
Please look at my gallery to see my work!

Also, is there a character you would want me to draw for a print? and to con-goers, what are some popular characters people sell prints of, or any advice you would like to give?

thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstraightx:
straightx Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I think making small posters these would look really nice. I'm not into anime myself but I think these would sell. I'm curious at what resolution are most of your works?

I looked at Fionna and it said 900x600 at 300 dpi that's 3in x 2in. Just a little heads up on printing. I had to do some printing projects for school and that's a whole new can of worms.
thanks! And no worries, they are usually huge but I make them small to put on deviantart! haha its a can of worms I will have to open!
:iconstraightx:
straightx Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah that's understandable I was just making sure. No one wants to print something nice and clean and have it come out all pixelated. Nothing is worse than a mistake you have to pay for. Best of luck!
jemaica Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
thanks!
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, yes, some of it. The one I just favorited is one I would really consider. :) Depends on my mood and money and how it looks in reality.
With that said I think maybe it's a good idea to fill your gallery more so you'd have more products and experience. :) There's still room for improvement though and that shows. XD

As for most cons, fan-art is apparently what sells the most - though not the only thing. I don't really know though because we in little Norway don't have much cons.
thank you! I know I need improvement so I will sell them for rather cheap, and I have time before the con to make more fan art!
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well all good luck to you then!
A personal opinion though is that I favor more original, self expressed works - like yours!
jemaica Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
thanks so much! :D
Add a Comment: