Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Free Photoshop CS2

:iconpocky-japan-ai-epic:
Pocky-Japan-Ai-epic Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
so on my moms facebook she was telling me to get photoshop CS2 because it was free. I didn't believe her at first but then when I went on Adobe's website CS2 was for free (well the photoshop part and imageready) I heard it's only free for those who once had it on their computer (which I remember seeing on the Administration User on the computer) maybe that's why it works?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Nope, it's free free and as long as you download it from their page it's legal. They may change that, but any copies that go out now are undeniably legitimate. The only requirements on them is that you obtain them from Adobe, there isn't any mention on the page of needing a license for a newer version or anything like that.

But, really, there's no harm being done to Adobe. Professionals are going to need the latest version anyways if they want to work with other people's files and non-professionals never paid for it anyways.

Any posts they might make in the forum or elsewhere aren't going to affect that. If they really don't want people to have the copies free they would at least post that requirement on the download page.
Pocky-Japan-Ai-epic Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah that's true. It turns out my mom used to have the program on the computer and then deleted it that or something got screwed up o-0 it was on Adobe's website. How do you use CS2?
:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
You may have to reinstall the OS then. One of the problems with Windows is that it's possible to end up in a situation where you can't install a program that's been improperly installed.

There are some utilities that fix things like that, but they're rather risky and you might end up having to reinstall anyways.
:iconscyoni:
Scyoni Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
[link] This is what she was talking about.
Pocky-Japan-Ai-epic Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
o-0 it worked for me, then again I do remember seeing Photoshop CS2 on my computer a long time ago.
:iconscyoni:
Scyoni Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It will work for anyone, it's just illegal if you don't own a copy.
:iconjayhellartetsy:
JayHellArtEtsy Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think you can download like a taster-type program. Proper CS is just NOT in my budget. Why not have a look at Photoshop Elements? Like a "lite" version of Photoshop.
Add a Comment: