Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

My speed painting video, need critics!

:icontoblin:
Toblin Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Tell me your opinion, suggestions and critics about my speed painting video. There are plenty of them on my youtube channel, if you like this one check also the others...

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconageen:
Ageen Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I watch quite a lot of speedpaints because they usually inspire me to do things. Also, I like learning from just seeing one's process (as, in your case, would be the interesting use of textures and a few other, smaller things).
I agree on the point that has already been made, which is 480p is a bit too little- HD screencaptures are the most pleasant to watch, although I am aware that they may be harder to record and edit.
However, I feel like the speed is completely fine- it's like most speedpaints, to be honest. A speedpaint is not supposed to be a straight-forward tutorial. I'd probably get unpatient watching if it was slower and any kind of a commentary would simply bother me.

That is just my personal opinion and I know that you and other people may not agree. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with, your art is nice and original. Good luck with future videos :)
:iconalexwinterstorm:
AlexWinterstorm Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Iskreno - jako retko gledam speed-paint klipove u ovom stadijumu - ono sto redje gledam su tutorijali.
Ne znam sta kreativno ili konstruktivno da dodam ovome, speed-paint je speed-paint. To je ubrzani proces tvog rada.
Ono sto bih mogao da ti predlozim je da ga usporis i pretvoris u tutorijal, komentarises tehnike, korake, ideje - kontam da bi privuklo i vise ljudi i vece interesovanje. Sada naravno zavisi sve sta si hteo da postignes, ovo je samo moja opservacija, nadam se da ces nesto korisno izvuci iz toga :)
:iconmaestro-eduardo:
Maestro-Eduardo Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Well, let me ask you this: to what purpose do you produce these videos?
Because when I go watch a speed painting video, I watch to learn something (i.e. not for the "cool effect").

Critiques from my limited standpoint:
- only 480p? Just go ahead, ante up to 720p.
- too fast, almost epileptic moves. Slowing down to 2x or 4x the draw speed would be adequate. And if you end up with an hour of video, so what?
- the music may feel a bit too aggressive to some (again, it facilitates a very rushy feeling). Picking something slow and neutral may be a winner.
- how about a spoken commentary? To let the viewers know what you're actually doing.

Yeah, and before you get the wrong impression (which you might have gotten already), I did kind of like your video. Still, there is a room to improve.
:icontoblin:
Toblin Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Thanks for replying! Well it is a little too fast, and yes it should go HD, and next one will! :D Without commentary though...xD At least for now...
Add a Comment: