January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Help/Tips on drawing line art

:iconbeyond-invisible:
Beyond-Invisible Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Hello there deviantART,
I was just wondering if you guys could give me some help with my drawing of line art, but let me explain my situation first.

First off I'm very new to digital art (as in I just got my tablet) and I generally use a sketchbook, but I'm still going to try and do entire pictures with my tablet (Bamboo Capture by Wacom). I still really have no clue as to how I'm going to begin to get nice, clean lines with the programs current;y available to me, which are; PhotoShop Elements 8, Sketchbook Copic Edition, and Paint tool SAI (very unfamiliar with).
Obviously I have no pen tool, so I'm stuck with using my pen, no big deal.

But how do I go about making clean, good looking line art?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontokiseraph:
TokiSeraph Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I love Paint Tool Sai for line art and had found this tutorial massively helpful for getting smooth arcs and clean lines. [link]
:iconfersteger2:
fersteger2 Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Try doing a sketch first, then on a new layer draw with bold and clean, good lines. Some programs like vector programs or sketchbook pro have options to smooth out your lines as well.
:iconnapalmshell:
napalmshell Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
try to trace/ vector simple drawing and see how it goes from there
:iconsassi-senpai:
Sassi-Senpai Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I agree with ThebBlackBullet tutorials are the best for now, try looking on youtube I'm sure you'll find some. I know on Sai they have a linework layer with different options for your linework, obvious, lol. I know they have a curve and a line tool as well as a pen, and it has a stabilizer for unsteady hands, you can adjust to your liking. I would recommend Sai to do your linework. Also play around with the program to get familiar with it.

Anyway hope this is helpful and good luck to you! :)
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you tried looking at tutorials?
Add a Comment: