Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Recolouring an outline

:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
How can it be done? I have an image with the main layer with the outline already done. I have it in multiple so I could colour separate layers. Now I want to colour the outline because it would make it look a little nicer.How is that done in photoshop?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 6, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Super easy way:

File>define brush preset

You now have a stamp of your image. Black is the color you choose. White is transparent.

Alternately, use the 'color select' tool.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thing was I once managed what I was looking for with clipping masks but it was hit and miss. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.
I have never messed with that stuff.

Almost every time I see a question here the answers are incredibly complicated.

Defining it as a brush preset is the fastest and easiest way to do it. You can also change the size easily.
*edit: Edit>define brush preset
:iconweremole:
weremole Jan 6, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Lock transparency in the layer window will help you with that. Simply click it and paint away. Another variation is selecting the lines and then creating a new layer and painting on that.
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Jan 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
Ctrl+A, you should see the entire picture selected. Go into edit and select 'Define Brush Preset'. This will turn the outline into a brush. Create a new layer and slap down the new 'brush' you created, which is your outline. It will float on top all the other layers so the lines remain true. Then you just carefully color, or you can be like me, super sloppy and erase the mess later :) Ahhh my old days of coloring in line art are coming back to me now and quite vividly. Have fun!
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
MAGIC
Add a Comment: