Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

i'm looking for some advice and possibly a redline?

:iconhour-of-twilight:
Hour-Of-Twilight Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
[link]

there's something about her face that seems off to me, and i was hoping someone could give me a critique, tell me how to fix my mistakes, or preferably a redline so i can visually see where i went wrong?

thank you all help is appreciated! :aww:

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: Critique requests now go to the Monthly Critique Thread [link] or the Thumbshare forum. :)
:iconwindhydra:
WindHydra Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You could try expressing the nasal bridge and the fullness of the lips. They look too similar to those in front view, but her head is turned.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
A good way to test for yourself, is to take your image and mirror it. Then your flaws will become clearer.
wow, you're right about that, thanks!
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
Awesome! One technique I learned is to mirror it every once and a while while working on it to see if you're on the right track and fix mistakes before you get too far done.
i've never used that technique, i should probably make good use of it huh. :B
:iconcross-vattic:
Cross-Vattic Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
from what i see, the lips may bit a bit too thick for the character i know, but i havent paid any attention to that so yeah, anyways i saw that theres a big line that runs down one side of the (our left, her right) that seems out of place, which i suspect may be a good refrence line if you were to use it to shade the spot later.

there also seems to be a missing piece of forshortening in the eyebrow (our right, her left), it looks small to begin with while the other looks fine, what im saying is it should look a little bigger closer to us where they almost meet, and shrink down to where they are now, thats what i see and think anyways, i may be wrong

i hope i helped (seeing as i dont draw much anymore lol and cant really use this advice)
i think i understand...
:iconcross-vattic:
Cross-Vattic Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
well basicly the face and head seems fine, but those details strike me a little, it still looks wonderful really, and i cant wait to see it done
:icontigeri102:
Tigeri102 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you realize i have no idea what i'm doing and it's 2am, right? good. with that in mind, the lips look a bit big and... well, i think it'll look better when it's colored, but that... uh, thing that divides her nostrils at the bottom of her nose? it looks weird to me. just the shape of it, like the angle's off. If I cover that part up with my finger, the nose looks good... try seeing how it looks without that little part? i dunno... overall, the shape of the head and the eyes/eyebrows look fine so that's not the problem. i'm sorry i'm no help i'll go back to my corner now.
Add a Comment: