Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Photoshop lagging with small strokes? any fixes?

:icontalkin2wallz:
hey guys!

When i open open photoshop everything works fine besides when i try to do small, quicker strokes it lags and skips a little bit but it is enough to be annoying! :/

i should probably also say that i am on a mac and ive latetly heard they arent good for digital art (bought one thinking they would handle these kind of programs well :/) do u think this is the reason??

i started off digital painting on Paint Tool Sai and it ran well on my, now dead, desktop computer!

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 5, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Honestly, there isn't a huge difference between pc and mac for graphics anymore.

The only time I've ever had issues with photoshop lagging is when there is all sorts of other crap running in the background.

You can try reinstalling your drivers, too, that often fixes problems.
:iconfieldweeble:
Fieldweeble Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
Not to be "that guy", but make sure you've got the latest _correct_ drivers for your tablet. You should be perfectly fine to make small strokes in photoshop with your setup. If you can make big strokes smoothly, you should be able to make small ones.
:iconlokiev:
Lokiev Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I had a 4GB Mac, and it started lagging horribly after about three years of usage.
I switched to a higher end one with 16GB, and it runs beautifully. :P
:iconsamsscribbles:
I'm using a macbook with 4gb RAM with photoshop CS5 and it works perfectly. My brushes lag sometimes when the spacing is set under 5% so I try to keep it a little over that. The size of the canvas and the number of layers you are using might also have an influence... idk
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Mac's are supposedly better for art programs. I have no personal experience though.

Do you have other programs open when you're using photoshop? That sometimes causes lag issues for me. It could also be that your computer just doesn't have the right graphics card or whatever to handle a program as big as photoshop. I'm not a computer person though, so I don't know for sure.
:iconpakaku:
Maybe in 1990. Today Macs are the same as other PCs, possible a bit worse because Adobe just happens to support Windows a bit better.
:icontalkin2wallz:
nahh nothing open, n its only when i make small brush strokes :/ maybe i should up from 4gb RAM to 8?
Add a Comment: