Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Question on Lineart.

:iconkiwinism:
Kiwinism Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Now I kow there are a LOT LOT LOT of threads on lineart. I've read thru them, did all the advise given and yet, I feel like something is wrong with my lineart. Whther its my lack of better knowledge on the human body or my lack of greater skills on the tablet, I dont know but my lineart seem odd. It's odd because I can't figure out how thick a line should be when drawing a figure/object.

Like when I draw a person, the sketch I did seem pretty alright, but when it comes to actual line-arting that piece of mess, I dont know whether it should be thick or thin and sometimes I mess it both that it just burns my eyes to even look at it.

So somebody please help me.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Line needs variation.

Thicker lines are used on the outside edges of objects. They indicate both weight and the end of an object. The lines around the outside of something give us information on how heavy it is, how much it stands out from the background, physical strength or lack thereof...

Thinner lines are used to show detail. The thinner the line, the less it is separated from the background- thin lines mean something is close to or part of something else. Thin lines give us fine information- it tells us about subtle and delicacy. Thin lines are used for things that are physically light- such as hair- or almost part of the background- like the seam on an item of clothing.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
You might find this tutorial useful: [link]
:iconkiwinism:
Kiwinism Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Yes, it did give me a better understanding. Thank you so much!
I'm looking at a lot of reference for practice. :D
Add a Comment: