Details

Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43

Apprenticeship

Flagged as Spam

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Hmm #Deviant-Mentor could help. 
:iconlamayal:
lAmayal Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A good way might be to look into some of your favorite DA artists' favorites. They might have tutorials there that you could use :)
:iconkhioora:
Khioora Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Well... Hmmmm. I've seen all the answers the people has given to you and... Aw man I'm very surprised. I've see very aggressive responses for a novice who is seeking to learn. I feel really bad about seeing that type of behavior. So, first, I want to tell you something, some people in the internet thinks that they're pretty smart for searching in wikipedia scientific facts to defend with their lives as if they were parrots or things like that, only because they read too much it doesn't mean that they're smart. So for that reason if you say them that you're smart by evidences they'll be offended because thinking they're smart makes they feel better, and sadly, they feel better if they think they're better than someone. They don't know that you didn't mean to be better than theirselves, but the obsession is part of their lives and every word that remembers they're not smart, they're not better than someone, or whatever else, makes them angry.

Everyone was a novice at first. And everyone, in varying degrees, had help. Perhaps they don't remember that, I remember how Kryon, my master, did a great job teaching me how to do Pixel Art, or Happip, or the great Ahruon who have corrected one of my sprites, also in my work I remember how my Lead artist have given to me a lot of tips that were a really great help!

So if you want a tip don't feed the troll, if someone treats you bad, leave it, really, it doesn't deserve your time, don't answer. If you're searching a teacher, instead what they say to you, keep searching, search for tutorials, ask for critiques on your work, try for your own! But don't give up because, if two people say you can't, no. YOU CAN. It's your will :)! Don't get upset for that comments.

Regards, I hope you find someone nice who is willing to help!
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
my IQ's something like twelve points higher than yours and I still manage to put on the wrong shoe once in a while. if you go around bandying your IQ like it's some sort of meaningful number, people are going to think you're an idiot rather than a genius.
Flagged as Spam
don't worry, you're already there.
Flagged as Spam
so?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
You're pretty unlikely to get a free teacher that is worth anything.

The thing is, with an apprenticeship- a REAL one- the teacher is getting something out of it. As an example, we have an apprentice at the studio (glass) right now. He pretty much does all the crap we don't want to deal with. He gets to help out with the glass work and do some stuff on his own...but he's also the studio bitch. He sweeps the floor, sorts crap, does pretty much whatever we tell him to do.

So we get labor out of it, while he gets an education.

Online, the person teaching you gets nothing out of it, so there isn't any reason to do it for free. The better artist someone is- the ones you want to study under- the less likely it is they will feel like wasting their time teaching someone and getting nothing out of it.

AND-

120 is the typical IQ of someone who can graduate college. So you're really not all that incredibly smart.

And IQ doesn't have anything to do with how fast or well you learn a new technique. Sometimes the smarter someone is- or thinks he is- the harder it is to teach them.

The very fact that you felt we needed to know your IQ says a lot, and it's not good.
Flagged as Spam
Add a Comment: