Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Tips on shading/painting please. (WIP inside)

:iconsynethos:
Synethos Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I'm trying to teach myself digital painting. I've done a few pieces before this one, as can be seen on my page, and there seems to be some progress. The only problem is that I feel like I'm stuck with my current piece, while it is not yet at the point where it is done. So could anyone help me with tips/tricks?

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartistic-serenity:
Artistic-Serenity Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Digital Artist
It kind of depends on the look your trying to go for. Do you want your pictures to look more like a painting? Or do you want to go towards cell shading like in cartoons?
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
From the look of it, I'm guessing you haven't been using layers?
I have every time that I did some big changes so I can go back when I don't like it. But I do Ctrl+alt+shift+e to make a flattened copy every time I'm happy.

So effectively not no :P
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Have you considered not flattening your layers? Layers are an incredibly valuable tool with digital art and you can do a lot with them.
Well yea I am trying, but at some point there is just so much that I am OK with that I feel like it can be the base of the pic again. No idea how else I should do it :P

So tips are welcome
Add a Comment: