Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Ideas for turning a computer into an artist? Any interest?

:iconsteinb:
steinb Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Hi, I've let myself get carried away with making a program to "draw" a sketch of a photo (to the point of having something to show, actually, see my profile). Now I can't seem to stop wondering just how much further I should go with it.

I am vaguely aware that there's been a few computer programs creating all kinds of paintings, both abstract or based on a photo. Is anyone here interested in that sort of thing?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

steinb Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
The idea is to see the process of it being drawn, for example as a changing background on your phone. Something you can do at the spur of the moment, like as you walk past the scene you'd enjoy seeing sketched, when you have your phone around, but not photoshop. Plus, does photoshop give you a live video experience how every line is individually drawn?
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Why dont you just stick it through a filter on photoshop? You can just go to one of those photo booths that will create a 'sketch' version of your photo.
By the way, I had not heard of a sketch booth before and had to google for them. Thanks for pointing it out! My app basically aims at being your portable sketch booth with the added boon that it lets you watch the sketch being created.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Yes, it seems there are related apps, like the iPhone app you found. I can't actually try it because I don't have an iPhone.

Still, I suspect mine, displaying not just the resulting photo, but actually letting you watch the entire process is unique.
Add a Comment: