Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Drawing Tablet Advice/Help

:iconemberheart12:
Emberheart12 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My tablet has started to wear out and I've decided to purchase a new one. I'm positive I'm going to get one of Wacom's Bamboo tablets, the Intuos line is a little expensive for me. The create sounds nice, but again it's a little expensive. That narrowed my choices down to the Bamboo Splash or Capture, the problem is I don't know which one to buy!

Can you guys please tell me what tablets you use and which I should get?

Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoliveandrews:
OliveAndrews Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I have a bamboo capture. I also had a bamboo pen and bamboo pen & touch. I no longer have my bamboo pen, so my judgment might be a bit inaccurate since I haven't used it in 2 years. From what I remember it was a really good buy. The cursor was very smooth and accurate. I often used it as a mouse (I have a laptop and I prefer using a tablet over the trackpad). At that point I did not have pen pressure sensitive software, so I can't tell you how it was in that regard.
For Bamboo pen & touch I feel it was very similar to the Bamboo Pen, in terms of looks, size, and function. I felt like the touch feature was unnecessary. At first I was excited at the prospect of having touch input on my tablet, but I never used it. In fact, it got in the way at some time. I accidentally hit the touch on button and then my cursor goes jittery because my hand is rested on the tablet, stylus in hand. It's a self inflicted small inconvenience, so I don't it against bamboo at all.
Bamboo Capture also has touch input as well, again, I don't make use of it. What I like about this one is it is slightly larger, and has more pressure sensitivity than the pen & touch. I feel like it is very smooth and crisp.
:iconwanderlande:
Wanderlande Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Anyone have a adesso? Recommend it over the bamboo capture.
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a capture tablet and would suggest it over the Splash because of Photoshop Elements 8(which costs more than the tablet from adobe) and because of the shortcut keys. It has four shortcut keys that come in REALLY handy when painting.
:icontamanjaky123:
tamanjaky123 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Interface Designer
bammboooooooooooooo
Emberheart12 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks
:iconaurellien:
Aurellien Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
I have bamboo pen. I used to have media aiptek which was terrible as it made all these funny lines. a lot of trouble, to say the least.
Bamboo pen isnt too expensive, and it works like a charm. It has never given me any problems either! (Also travel size hehe)
Thanks!
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
The only advantage a Capture offers over the Splash is multi-touch input. They also come with different software (PS Elements vs. Art Rage). Other than that, their specs are identical. So the only questions you need to ask yourself are do I need a multi-touch tablet and/or does it matter which software I get with my tablet?
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Capture also has shortcut buttons!
Thank you! :)
Add a Comment: