Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Wacom Bamboo Pen or Bamboo Pen & Touch??

:iconngc-7293:
NGC-7293 Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Need to replace my old wacom bamboo because the stylus got fucked. I was wondering if buying just the basic model Bamboo Pen or the Bamboo Pen & Touch (more expensive).
I need to work with digital painting in PS and Corel P.
Don't tell me to go Intuos or Cintiq because I can't really afford it. Just looking for something to keep on digitally drawing without all the "cool" and professional features of a 3000$ tablet.
Any advice on what to choose? :?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Neither, they are both overpriced, go with a more unknown brand and pay less.
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't bother with the touch feature. It's pointless. I wanted to use the touch feature as well, but it really isn't very good. Instead of a bamboo pen, though, I suggest a bamboo connect. It has, if I'm not mistaken, slightly better specs and costs about the same. Hope this helps :)

Also, I purchased my Wacom Capture on ebay for less than half the price and its practically new. SO TOTALLY USE THEM
:iconbasicallyruuun:
BasicallyRuuun Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have both, and I very rarely use the touch function of the pen and touch. However the customizable buttons on it can be useful :aww: also since the wire is actually attached, you cant lose it =P
:iconageen:
Ageen Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have the Pen&Touch one, but I honestly don't use the touch thingy. To be honest, I have turned it off months ago (if not years- I've been using this tablet for almost 3 years now). I'm not usre abot each device's specifics, but if there's no difference in pressure sensitivity or nibs wearing down- just go with Pen and save yourself a ew bucks.
And then go have some ice cream, because ice cream is awesome.
:iconritakiss:
RitaKiss Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm gonna buy the bamboo pen and touch.. it just seems more simple and "natural" to zoom, rotate, etc with touch. And I like to draw with my fingers too so it's perfect !
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a bamboo capture and I can confirm that the touch feature is nothing special. Don't bother! If you want a tablet you can use your fingers with, you may as well buy an Apple Magic Trackpad. That would be MUCH better and it costs a similar amount of money. Plus it looks sexy.
And if you have more money to spend, just buy an iPad (or Galaxy Tablet, but I have actually drawn with an iPad before and know it has amazing apps) and you'll have a tablet WITH a screen AND it doubles as a computer.
As a note, none of these suggestions have pressure sensitivity(well, okay, iPad 2 has stuff with pressure sensitivity but it costs extra)
:iconsophalope:
Sophalope Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
I have a wacom bamboo create tablet, which has touch, so I can honestly tell you that the touch function doesn't allow you to draw with your fingers. Just so you know before you buy.
:iconritakiss:
RitaKiss Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's disappointing :( I'll have to think about it better then xD thank you very much :)
:iconsophalope:
Sophalope Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
No problem!
:iconapastelbee:
apastelbee Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
personally, I'd just go for Bamboo pen. I rarely use my tablet outside of art, and multitouch gestures just annoy me. I don't think touch will be that useful in dig art. ((though I must admit, wireless capabilities for the pen & touch do seem pretty cool. wires annoy me in general))
Add a Comment: