Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Wacom Bamboo Pen or Bamboo Pen & Touch??

:iconngc-7293:
NGC-7293 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Need to replace my old wacom bamboo because the stylus got fucked. I was wondering if buying just the basic model Bamboo Pen or the Bamboo Pen & Touch (more expensive).
I need to work with digital painting in PS and Corel P.
Don't tell me to go Intuos or Cintiq because I can't really afford it. Just looking for something to keep on digitally drawing without all the "cool" and professional features of a 3000$ tablet.
Any advice on what to choose? :?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Neither, they are both overpriced, go with a more unknown brand and pay less.
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't bother with the touch feature. It's pointless. I wanted to use the touch feature as well, but it really isn't very good. Instead of a bamboo pen, though, I suggest a bamboo connect. It has, if I'm not mistaken, slightly better specs and costs about the same. Hope this helps :)

Also, I purchased my Wacom Capture on ebay for less than half the price and its practically new. SO TOTALLY USE THEM
:iconbasicallyruuun:
BasicallyRuuun Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have both, and I very rarely use the touch function of the pen and touch. However the customizable buttons on it can be useful :aww: also since the wire is actually attached, you cant lose it =P
:iconageen:
Ageen Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have the Pen&Touch one, but I honestly don't use the touch thingy. To be honest, I have turned it off months ago (if not years- I've been using this tablet for almost 3 years now). I'm not usre abot each device's specifics, but if there's no difference in pressure sensitivity or nibs wearing down- just go with Pen and save yourself a ew bucks.
And then go have some ice cream, because ice cream is awesome.
:iconritakiss:
RitaKiss Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm gonna buy the bamboo pen and touch.. it just seems more simple and "natural" to zoom, rotate, etc with touch. And I like to draw with my fingers too so it's perfect !
:iconnefairyious:
Nefairyious Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a bamboo capture and I can confirm that the touch feature is nothing special. Don't bother! If you want a tablet you can use your fingers with, you may as well buy an Apple Magic Trackpad. That would be MUCH better and it costs a similar amount of money. Plus it looks sexy.
And if you have more money to spend, just buy an iPad (or Galaxy Tablet, but I have actually drawn with an iPad before and know it has amazing apps) and you'll have a tablet WITH a screen AND it doubles as a computer.
As a note, none of these suggestions have pressure sensitivity(well, okay, iPad 2 has stuff with pressure sensitivity but it costs extra)
:iconsophalope:
Sophalope Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
I have a wacom bamboo create tablet, which has touch, so I can honestly tell you that the touch function doesn't allow you to draw with your fingers. Just so you know before you buy.
:iconritakiss:
RitaKiss Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's disappointing :( I'll have to think about it better then xD thank you very much :)
:iconsophalope:
Sophalope Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
No problem!
:iconapastelbee:
apastelbee Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
personally, I'd just go for Bamboo pen. I rarely use my tablet outside of art, and multitouch gestures just annoy me. I don't think touch will be that useful in dig art. ((though I must admit, wireless capabilities for the pen & touch do seem pretty cool. wires annoy me in general))
Add a Comment: