Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Sai layering issues!

:iconxhitomichanx:
xhitomichanx Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I hope this is the proper posting area and that this is all correct!
Basically I am trying to practice colouring on Sai, I got permission from the artist and was using their lineart to practice colouring, using layers and some other stuff. When I click file>open and click on the line art jpeg it appears as the canvas, but when I colour on it it goes over the lines, so I make a new layer and I put it underneath the lineart and now NOTHING appears on the canvas. If I click and make the lineart invisible I can see the scribbles I've drawn but I can't see it with the actual lineart visible. I have tried re-saving the image as a sai file but that didn't work either. Any help would be awesome and really appreciated!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyxelle-art:
Pyxelle-art Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
If the lineart is clean, digital, and black-and-white (for best results) select your lineart layer, go the the 'Layer' menu, and select "luminance to transparency". The more white in each pixel, the more transparent it will be, so there will be no white jaggies around the black lines.
I figured it out by changing the mode to multiply and now it works, I appreciate your help though and will keep that in mind. =]
:iconmasterimpsy:
MasterImpsy Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You have to set the layers to multiply for something like that.
You can do that by going to the layers window(or whatever it's called). Where it say's normal(on your coloring layer). Click on it and choose Multiply.

However, when layers are mulitply'd, they will blend with other layers so you have careful how you color.
THIS WORKED. Finally, thank you it really saved me! :)
:iconmasterimpsy:
MasterImpsy Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No prob :)
Add a Comment: