Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

SAI HALP!!!

:icondianers626:
Dianers626 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Okei so I have paint tool sai and I don't have a tablet yet so I use the mouse and every time I do linework and stuff it always looks pixalated and I hate that! I wanted my works to look like vector clean. then today I have no Idea what I did but I started using Sai like I normally would and BAM! vector lines! I was so happy cause it looked so good! and then I closed SAI and reopened it to see if it would do It again but it didn't ;~; Does anyone know where I can get them nice vector Lines back??
P.S my linework layers always say linework instead of vector but when I did them vector lines its still said linework. (hope that halps for any reason.)

That work that looks amazing with the vector lines [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnapalmshell:
napalmshell Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it's always a good idea to work at high res and then resize it after you're done.
Dianers626 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
thx! :D
:iconlunamomoko:
lunamomoko Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm no expert at Easy Paint Tool Sai, but lines generally tend to look smoother if you create a vector layer rather than a normal layer.
Vector layers might be easier to work with if you're using a mouse.
Improving resolution can help as well, but sometimes they cause the file size to be massive.
Dianers626 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ok thank u! ^^
:iconpixlphantasy:
PixlPhantasy Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Check your resolution. If it's only 72 it will look pixelated. 300 is much smoother. Make sure you're using the pen tool and not the pencil tool as well. Hope that helps some.
:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I believe PPI/DPI doesn't matter when you're working on computer. It only matters when you're trying to print stuff out.
:iconpixlphantasy:
PixlPhantasy Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It makes a difference. If you simply try to change the resolution to print at 300 after making the work in 72..it will not look good. Compare it to taking a low res image from the internet and trying to make even an 8x10 out of it. It will look pixelated. Even if you have no intention of printing the image it is still better to work bigger and downsize after. Your image will be much crisper and details will stand out more.
The lines do appear smoother when working with a higher DPI simply because it's more dots per inch, resulting in a clearer picture. Most digital artists will recommend about 300 DPI/ resolution for working in.
Dianers626 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ooo ok thanks so much! :D
Add a Comment: