Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Yiynova Tablets

:iconirenemartini:
IreneMartini Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
They seem to be the right alternative to Wacom Cintiq, do you know them? Have you ever tried it? What do you think about?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've seen a video review of the 19" tablet they have that it has terrible jitter on photoshop. It also may be hard to find replacement nibs for its pen. I'd recommend against it, honestly. It seems more worries than its worth. :shrug:
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Trial and error at your own cost.

Personally I always use a mouse, but if you want to try things nobody else has then you pay for your own experiments. I paid to find out what happens to drives when they are cooled or over heated. That cost me $300, but I learned a lot about drives. I think that was worth the cost because all your digital art exist only as long as the drive still works.

What you learn from trying out random tablets may not benefit you as much as other things.
My expedience with a tablet showed me healing hands put out too much energy, and that makes tablets useless, because they use that energy. Because most people don't emit the energy beyond their skin it will not interfere with the functions of the tablet.

Tablets have built in filters, so the magnetic fields of the monitor, or computer speakers do not effect the operation of the tablet, but most tablets depend on your bio field to react to your touch. That is what malfunctions with people that has too much energy.

So what you learn might be only your own trial and error. Not everyone functions the same.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,
I haven't used one, but it seems to get a nice balance of "good value for the price" reviews

amazon.com reviews for the 19" yiynova: [link]
youtube yiynova reviews: [link]
other reviews: [link] [link] [link]
:iconirenemartini:
IreneMartini Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Thank you very much for the informations :)
:iconjornas:
jornas Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try at your own risk. Honestly if you are just doing this as a hobbyist then you probably will not notice the difference. This is just speculation of course.
Add a Comment: