Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

I need help! i have problems with my drawing programs...

:iconbillieklemm:
BillieKlemm Dec 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
So i am not able to draw my comics anymore 'cause the past two weeks I've been having problems with my drawing programs... The program i use is manga studio ex4 and up till now it everything was fine; but two weeks ago i decided to use another program i have paint tool SAI (which is similar to photoshop), just to try it out. What happened is that the lineart on SAI is sooo much easier to do than on manga studio, so now i am having trouble with manga studio since it takes me forever to do the lineart. There's probably a way that i can fix that but i don't know how (not from the correction i know how to do that...) Also i cannot work on SAI 'cause even though it has great features for doing the lineart it doesn't have a text tool and tones available..
Also i thought that i could do the lineart on SAI export it, and then import it in manga studio but that way i am still gonna lose the features of manga studio.. (for panels etc..)
AAHH... what should i do??
Does anyone know how i can fix the line stroke on manga studio?
or generally has sth to suggest?
(i forgot to mention i also have photoshop CS6, but it seems too difficult to use so i try to avoid it...:/)
Sorry if it sounds silly! ><

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 27, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
So...why don't you just do it in sai? It's just a little more work, right? I mean, people did this all by hand 30 years ago.

I made stamps that are panels I can use in photoshop. Does Sai have a 'save brush' option so you can do that?

If not- then start using photoshop. It's not that hard. Get some tutorials.
:iconhmontes:
HMontes Dec 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
You might want to look into upgrading to Manga Studio 5 which has an entirely different inking engine. Manga Studio 4 and earlier is based on Comic Studio by CelSys which is being phased out. Manga Studio 5 is based on Clip Studio Paint Pro. The EX version which will be out this summer has the multi-page capability.
BillieKlemm Dec 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
cool! i had no idea there was a manga studio 5! thanks! i'll try it out!
:iconpakaku:
What you do is use both apps for their strengths :B
BillieKlemm Dec 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
:/ i guess you're right...
thanks
Add a Comment: