Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

How do you speed up your drawing processes?

:iconhokunin:
Hokunin Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Do you know any secret ninja techniques to help boosting the production speed? :D

And what do you do to be efficient in drawing and painting? Any special schedule, drawing algorithm with certain stages etc etc?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontetchist:
Tetchist Jan 8, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
child sacrifice both before and after
:iconageen:
Ageen Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
ShortcutsshortcutsShortcutsshortcutsShortcutsshortcutsShortcutsshortcuts
They save so much time :la:
:icononyisart:
OnyisArt Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
i use one layer.
:iconryonma:
That's... hardcore
:icononyisart:
OnyisArt Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I meant 2 layers!!
:iconfishpaste89:
FisHPastE89 Jan 7, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
I always struggle with drawing and line work... so im trying out a new technique someone told me. Start with a QUICK small speed painting, just black and white on grey (minimum detail - 20mins or less), to determine your artwork, even if you need to do a few options because like me you cant decide on one specific idea. (this process allows you to try many different ideas in a short amount of time)

Then from your group of paintings, you can choose your best/favourite and then blow it up and start to create linework for it adding in all the details and then pretty much start the painting from scratch. Atleast now you will be happy with your choice and the would have already explored your other ideas.
:iconhokunin:
Hokunin Jan 7, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Great idea! I like it
:iconfishpaste89:
FisHPastE89 Jan 8, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
cool :) you can also use the same process of creating small variants to explore colour options... It comes from this video [link] and there are some other great tutorials on the site as well.
:icontiereight:
tierEight Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try using Kage Bushin no Jutso, you'll be able to draw more than one picture.

I'm not good with algorithms but try using a calculator next time.
:iconbflynn22:
bflynn22 Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Well, make sure to practice a bunch and put yourself on a timer. Once you decide on how much time you want to give yourself, make sure that you DO NOT go over that time.. Once you run out of time, start something new. Do go back and fix it. Its important you remember how much you can create in a given time. Your mind will get used to the pressure.

Another thing to work on is pushing your internal visualizing skills. Find the mood of your piece, jump into the world you are about to create. Think of the key words, the color, the genres, the music, and your attitude when you want to create this new work. Your mind can be trained to do this part incredibly fast and thus guide your work in a good direction before you have even made one stroke on the canvas.

Just a minor note, sometimes..sometimes if you stick to anything too specific while visualizing, it can hinder your creative side. Thats why I mentioned more vague things above to set your mood. Imean if you already have a design idea for a specific object, thats great...but remember being so fixed one part of the picture, that I ended up spending forever on making the other parts fit in.

but yea, work work work work! (=
happy holidays!
Add a Comment: