Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 48

iPad Vs. Wacom -

:iconbreathlessartist:
BreathlessArtist Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
With the first release of the “iPad” it changed the whole concept of the “tablets” completely.

Some of us as artist thought why can’t we draw on it like we draw on paper?

This gave the idea for a collection of incredibly great apps that we enjoy “not me yet :)” but so far the drawing or painting experience wasn’t as great as the graphic tablet’s specially Wacom tablets.

And no man on earth can resist the urge to buy a wacom cintiqe :) specially the 24HD touch “drooling”.

But they are too expensive. Not anyone could afford it! The solution back then was to buy an intuos tablet and use it until you can afford buying a cintiq.

You might ask what’s this got to do with the “iPad” here?

Here is my answer:

for me I Love drawing on paper. The first time I bought a graphic tablet I had a hard time getting used to drawing while looking at the computer screen and my hand is in another dimension moving around with the stylus on the tablet’s surface. :) I got used to it but drawing on paper is still the choice for me right now.

I thought about purchasing an iPad but there was a major problem there which is “pressure sensitivity”. The iPad doesn’t provide a touch sensitivity surface like graphic tablets.

That was until now when I was searching for an iPad stylus for my sister’s. that’s when I found about these great news> they made a pressure sensitive styluses for the iPad! Not that great pressure sensitivity of a cintiq or an intuos but it does exist :)

The stylus is connected to the iPad via Bluetooth and the stylus itself is the one who’s pressure sensitive :)

The top styluses on the market right now are the “Jot touch” and “Pogo connect”.
you can google them as I don't know if I'm allowed to put their site links or not.

the “Pogo connect” is like a marker but not that big while the “Jot touch” look just like a pen that’s why I like the “pogo connect” more because with “Jot touch” the risk of getting the iPad screen scratched is higher and no one would like to scratch their iPad screen :)

my question here is :

Should I get an iPad with a pressure sensitive stylus for now and I know it will get the job done for “me” until I save for a cintiq “it’ll take a year or 2 :)”, or should I buy an intuos5 although it major issues with its surface & pen nibs and requires a protective screen for the surface & changing the nibs constantly and they’re expensive too? I'm a bit confused right now but my heart is going for the iPad with a stylus. I'll get a portable tablet with me anywhere that i can sketch any time at any place and have my music & video collection with me all the time plus an amazing set of apps too.

what's your opinion? what would you prefer to buy? and why? your comments will help me decide. :)

thanks in advance. :) :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconageen:
Ageen Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Back in 2010 my parents asked me wether I wanted a graphic tablet or an iPad and I have chosen my Wacom- best decision ever. I have used iPad - not with a pressure sensitive stylus, but still. If you want to produce higher quality art and develop more in general- I'd recommend Intuos, for it's size, it's precizion and range of customizable options.
BreathlessArtist Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's true.a specialized device for Art is much better. Thanks :)
:iconredmarlin:
I can't really say, since I haven't used an iPad or direct-touch tablet like Cintiq, but I can vouch for the Intuos and say that, especially once you get used to it, it's very easy to use. I really don't have many complaints about not looking directly at what I'm drawing on.
BreathlessArtist Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't have many complains about that issue too but who wouldn't buy a Cintiq or hope to get one someday :D

I'll go for an Intuos5. Thanks :)
:icontildsart:
TildsArt Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I have one already but if I had to decide again, I'd buy a graphic tablet.. I've never thought about using an iPad really :P
It's more professional I think as it's done for the purpose of drawing
BreathlessArtist Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's true. I'm going for an Intuos5. Thanks :)
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
this is stupid. they are two entirely different things for entirely different purposes.

you wasted a lot of time waxing on about a meaningless comparison.
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Dec 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
Fat lot of help you are lol
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
at least I'm not fat like you are.
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Dec 29, 2012  Student Filmographer
AT LEAST I CAN GET MORE BITCHES THAN U
Add a Comment: