Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Tips for a Tablet Newcomer?

Flagged as Spam

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpichoochoo:
Pichoochoo Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No matter what art style you'll begin to use; study human anatomy. :)
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a beginners photoshop tutorial in my gallery, but for other stuff I suggest you look at my tutorial folder in my favorites. It's filled with the most useful tutorials I've found. Many are about coloring. By coloring I'm assuming you mean blending is what you're having difficulties with? and not cell shading which is very simple and almost self explanatory.
Flagged as Spam
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, well sorry, the tutorials should still work though.
Flagged as Spam
:iconminustwoseventhree:
Once you get the feel of it, the best thing to do is loose sketches. Then try drawing different types of lines using the pressure sensitivity as much as possible.
I don't really understand what you mean about your difficulty colouring, as that's a pretty basic thing? Fill the area with colour then shade it. Look at some tutorials, I can't give too much help with that as it's a personal thing.
:iconberriessparrowmouse:
BerriesSparrowMouse Dec 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Practice is really all I can say. My first tablet drawing was god awful, actually. But now I can't draw without the thing.

Make sure that the pressure and response time is right. Having your cursor go ten times faster than your hand can be really awkward.
Flagged as Spam
:iconjei-art:
Jei-Art Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
What software do you use?
Flagged as Spam
Add a Comment: