Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

best (and cheapest) animation program??

:iconmissroxylalonde:
missroxylalonde Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i've wanted to start animating for a while since i want a career in animation when i get older. is there any animation programs that are good for beginners at a low price, preferably from amazon?? o v o

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon4seasonswinter:
4SeasonsWinter Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
If you want something free to try the basics you can use "pencil".
[link]
Not too fancy but you get onion skin, layers and pixel/vector abilities.
:iconsarahjaderoseblood:
sarahjaderoseblood Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
just us ms pante
its free and i can crete sooo many grate thngs on it.
srsly. look at my stuff.
not even done wit fotoshop.
just pante.
dats ow talnted i am
:iconretsamys:
RetSamys Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There are lots of free programs for frame-by-frame animation (for that, I use GIMP), the difficulty is finding something for computer enhanced animation (luckily, I found CreaToon).
I don't know anything about payable programs, sorry.
:iconxalalax:
xAlalax Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
beginner right? just get stykz it's so cheap that it's free :la: well it's only for stick animation but it will definetly help you learn the basics
:icongenstian:
genstian Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Artist
Toon Boom is the best. Harmony and Pro cost a fortune, but Toon Boom studio is very affordable (149$), and a gazillion times better than both Flash and Anime Studio. They also got Flip Boom, which is simple to use and works ok. 35$, but be prepared for a upgrade if you want to do something a bit more professional (in the weeks of work range).
:iconjei-art:
Jei-Art Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I do contact work at a studio (iStation in Dallas, TX) that does some 2d animation and the program that we use is Toon Boom harmony. Its not cheap though, but it is arguably the best and the industry standard. Most of the prime time animation you see( Family Guy, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc) Use Toon Boom, along with most major Disney films. If you want a career in 2d animation, invest in that and learn how to use it. I would however recommend learning 3d animation as well, because that is where the industry is focused mostly. Most 2d animation is outsourced unfortunately and it would be damn near impossible to get a job in that field unless you live in Canada or Korea or maybe France. You can practice on Toon Boom by downloading a personal learning edition for free(They put a big watermark over your renders) and there are a TON of great tutorials on their site, give it a shot! If you get good at animation what you learn in 2d will translate to 3d, they are more alike than you think. Have you looked into Animation Mentor? One of our animators got his job from what he learned there.

[link]
:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional General Artist
For traditional 2D art there is Digicel Flipbook. The basic version which gives you one cel layer with a background is $78. At that price you also have lipsync and an audio track.

[link]

For doing Flash style animation there are various programs out there. One good series are the Toon Boom products with Flip Boom being a good place to start with prices going from $30 and up.

[link]
:iconhiyoi:
hiyoi Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is Anime Studio....I'm not sure how good it is but it's like $20.
:iconjei-art:
Jei-Art Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Its garbage.
:iconhiyoi:
hiyoi Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
:lol: Good to know.
Add a Comment: