Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 65

Tablet or mouse

:iconhypergirl95:
HyperGirl95 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Which one of these two do you use for making your art: a graphics tablet or a computer mouse? If you're using a tablet than which brand?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsnowstorm-wolf:
Snowstorm-wolf Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
tablet is better :D

wacom bamboo pen or other wacom bamboo tablets are really good c:
:iconjuveel:
juveel Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
wacom intuos4 for the win :3
:iconkhioora:
Khioora Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi HyperGirl, well, here are a lot of people who have gived a lot of useful tips :p

I'm using a Wacom Intuos3 A5, it have like 4-5 years old and it was a bit expensive when I bought it but it worth all the money I paid. If you're going to make art as a hobbie you can buy a wacom bamboo, it's not expensive as an Intuos and it's very great even for high works. If you're going to make professional art, first you can start with a tiny Wacom Intuos (like A5).

If you're going to use a mouse, yes, you can, it's a bit difficult to start with tablets but it helps you get better drawing freedom and also it takes less time to complete a drawing. With mouse if you want to have great linearts you can use in photoshop the pen tool, or try with Illustrator. I've drawn for several years with mouse but really I progressed more with a tablet.

Regards.
:iconsarahjaderoseblood:
sarahjaderoseblood Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i use my mose and my art turns out magentfiecnt
HyperGirl95 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Me too. :highfive:
:iconsarahjaderoseblood:
sarahjaderoseblood Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
omg ye
:iconjornas:
jornas Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Use both and i have a wacom bamboo create
HyperGirl95 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
How I want a Wacom, too. How well does yours draw?
:iconjornas:
jornas Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Works great, i started out on a wacom graphir3 and now i work with the create and its a world better with the sensitivity.
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I used a tablet once, but the magnetic field it uses is a weak version my hands put out, and makes the tablet useless.

I have never had a problem drawing with a mouse. I am actually very fast at creating art because I don't try doing everything the hard way, just because I an use to doing it that way. I adjust.
Digital art works better if you fill and draw, and if you want lines you have to fill shapes first, just to do it quicker for the programs.

I was on the phone with a company that wanted me to draw a scene, but before they started describing it, I asked them to give me a chance to open Photoshop.
When I was ready I said start.
They described everything they wanted and I drew everything at the same time. There was a little lag time but when they were finished I save and asked them for their email address so I could mail it to them.
I couldn't tell if they liked it because they were speechless, but after a while they said they thought I was drawing a sketch not a finished image. I said the finished image is easier than drawing a sketch or a bunch of lines, because the program don't work that way.
So they payed me and gave me a WOW rating, because even the simplest things made them say wow for days.
Add a Comment: