Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

brushes for practise sketching

:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I often struggle when trying to make rough sketches on photoshop because I can't find a brush which works for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can be any default brushes or 3rd party ones. Appreciated.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 23, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Personally, I like the airbrush at a small size. It makes soft lines when you push down hard and hard lines when you do it lightly.
I'll give those a try :)
:iconmattcombsart:
ya mess with them if they dont work, just google search for photoshop brushes that mimic pencils or whatever your looking for.
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Which version of photoshop do you have? If you have CS5 and up you can get a free extention NKS5. It has many tools that are much like tradition tools. It has nice pencil brushes to choose from.
CS5.5.
Then you might be interested in installing this extension for it.
[link]
Its worth checking out.

Hope this helps~ :eager:
One thing I'm iffy about is whether you can turn it on or off as you want. If I can I'll pick it up.
It doesn't replace anything, if thats a worry. You can open and close its tab group as you can with layers, navigator and such tabs.(If that made sense) You can always uninstall it if you don't like it. Its a free extension, so you really have nothing to lose. :nod:
As good as downloaded then. I'll try it later :)
Add a Comment: