Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Best art studio app for iPad

:iconspanner88:
spanner88 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am getting an ipad for christmas and was wondering what is the best app for drawing and doing artwork.
I dont want to spend a load of money for nothing.
Thanks
Merry christmas! :holly:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthedeadzoner:
thedeadzoner Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Try Artrage. I have seen some pretty amazing stuff made using that on the ipad. Search for David Kassan and see what he can do with it.
:iconthenanners:
TheNanners Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Porcreate is honestly the BEST art studio app out there, BUT I should warn you it does NOT WORK for iPad 1, because it requires ios 6. if you have an iPad 2 though it's fantastic, and if you have an ipad 1 sketchbook pro is also great
:iconfluffy-puffy-fifi:
fluffy-puffy-fifi Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well um I dont really use my ipad to draw since i have a tablet (and havent touched it in months :P) but i have this app called sketchbook express on my ipad and it comes in pretty handy when we play pictionary.. hahah jks its supposed to be a petty good drawing program :D i used to have it on my laptop too but trial died :D oh and it has layers, different brushes, settings and pen pressure too! :D AND ITS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :D
:iconswtjennjennd:
SwtJennJennD Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Keep in mind that I'm fairly new to digital art, but I LOVE Procreate. They JUST updated the app and it (IMO) is the best iPad app out there- especially for the price. From the app, you can now go straight to the Procreate forum~where you can:
*download user created brushes (they open right in procreate. I've gotten about 2
doz. new brushes)
*find tutorials,ask advice and post to the gallery.
*leave suggestions for the creators & yes- they listen.

~I am to the point where every desktop program (that I can afford) leaves me wanting to have a desktop version of Procreate (which we are bugging them for.)
~I use a HEX3 JaJa stylus with mine and have posted some not-quite-finished-yet works made with Procreate. Good luck.
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I've only downloaded ProCreate, and I find it pretty decent for a $5 program. You get up to 16 (I think it's 16) layers, and I've found it pretty easy to approximate pen pressure by messing with the brush settings. I'd definitely recommend it. Here's a group showcasing work done with the program if you'd like to see what others have done with the program: [link] Also (sorry for the self-promotion!), this is something I personally have done with it:
Add a Comment: