Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login


Closed to new replies
December 12, 2012


Replies: 3

Texture question

jameslhill Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
I've been following this artist for a while and trying to figure this out without many results so I was wondering if someone here could help. I know he uses Photoshop for his work, so does anyone know how he creates the rich speckled texture throughout this image, or know of how I can replicate it in Photoshop? [link]
It looks like it could be the sponge filter. You can see more of his work here (toward the bottom of the page) [link]
Thanks in advance for any input.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Try one of the hard round brushes set to be really, really big.
Auro-Cyanide Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Probably a custom speckled brush judging by the irregularities. You can try looking for downloadable brushes or you could make your own.
Katy-L-Wood Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
I would use a splatter brush with scatter turned on and layer different colors to create that effect.
Add a Comment: