Closed to new replies
December 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Windows 8 Touchscreen and Android phones

:iconmiggz3000:
miggz3000 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
I have a small wacom bamboo that I have not used in a long time. I also need to buy myself a new laptop. Does anyone have experience using a stylus to draw directly into one of these new touchscreen laptops using photoshop or any similar program? How about using Android phones/tablets for sketching?

I guess what I'm looking for is to be able to sketch with or without detail using a phone or tablet and then use a touchscreen laptop for detailed drawing and painting.

I'm sort of looking for a portable solution. I have a hard time drawing on a desk using the side tablet. And those intous large screens are expensive. But even if they weren't they're not portable.

Curious as to what everyone uses. Again, I really behind in working with digital art so please excuse my lack of information. In the meantime, I'll continue researching...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconr-tan:
R-Tan Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
For on the go sketching I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.(around $500). It was a wacom digitizer built in, and it comes with the S-pen(stylus). You can even get an S pen that was designed by wacom/samsung. I use PS Touch and Layerpaint but there are many more pressure sensitive painting programs. It does't come close to being a replacement for my desktop but it's good for creating a starting point for an illustation. If you have a large budget there are a bunch of tablets that run windows (ASUS Eee Slate is one) so you can install anything that you would be able to on a desktop. They have more ram and computing power. Those run about $1000 to $1600.

There are videos on youtube that demo each one of these options.

Just a warning. Android and IPad tablets are not really laptop replacements. It depends on what you are using your laptop for. The Windows tablets are basically the same as a laptop. I don't know much about the new batch of Windows 8 touch screen laptops or Windows surface tablets but you might want to look into those also.
Add a Comment: