Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Get that sublte painted effect?

:iconawesomeness:
awesomeness Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
I may be wierd or something.. But Ive never seen anything like THIS before... [link]

Tried to google painted effect etc... But cant really find any angels/tutorials etc. Are there any other name for it? Anyone know of any tutorials etc? :)

Thank u. Really appriciate all answers..

xoxoxo, Norway!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
If you actuallly looked at the url, its says: how-achieve-subtle-oil-painting-effect-oil_painting_effect.jpg

.photoshopgurus.com/forum/attachments/general-photoshop-board

So its pretty much a photomanipulation.

Of course thinking of values, you can probably gain the same effect as if your were painting traditionally or painting in digital.

Really just read urls more often. Perhap you can find how to do it from the original source.
[link]
awesomeness Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
That URL is from another forum asking the same question. They didnt know either... so i tried here:) thanks for a response!
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
They did list the artist name.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Photoshop: Jack the flow up

SAI: Use the Brush/Watercolor tool.
awesomeness Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
[link]

this one?:)
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pretty much ;)

You might have to play around with the settings, though
awesomeness Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
thank u so much <3
:icontomvanrheenen:
tomvanrheenen Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That left one is freaking me out :p Looks like a doll!
I think they are both heavily edited photo's. Can't tell very well because of the size of the image.
However, I think the three aspects that stand out of these images are the a) colors, b) values and c) softness.
This is not particularly a painted effect, I think it's more that it reminds you of traditional paintings. This comes from the color and value it uses. Foto's nowadays use much more contrast then in the image on the right.
As for the softness, I could suggest a few things:
Duplicate the layer > give the layer on top a gaussian blur (not too much) > mask/erase where needed (like in transitions of skin, eyes, lips etc.). Then set the opacity lower. This gives a soft glowy feeling to a photo.
As for the face and the shoulder, they have a very white hue. Take a very soft brush, pick a white color, make a new layer, and start making highlights on the body. Then set the layer to overlay and set the opacity lower. This can add to the glowy effect. Don't add too much though, these are things to use with care ;) It can easily get too much.
Now of course I'm not the artist of these works, and I do not know how they were created. I can only hope the above mentioned methods can help you a little bit. But I really think the painterly part of the image is the feeling it excites. It's a combination of the amount value and the colors used.
Try to play around with layers in overlay/lighten/multiple modes. Toy around with adding goldbrownish and white hues.
Good luck :)
Add a Comment: