Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Acer Iconia w700 usable for digital art or plus grapfic tablet?

:icondarkkilltec:
darkkilltec Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
So hi everyone :)

I want to buy a Acer Iconia W700 with the Core i5.
I really want a mobile tablet with windows on it so that i can use everything on it.
Im going to do software development and 3d Modeling on it.(Not the real work, for this i have a PC at home,more like sketches)
And i want to learn digital drawing. So my question is. Is this tablet enough for digital art stuff. Or do i maybe need somekind of wacom Pen. and if that isnt enough i still can get a grafic tablet for it.

What do you guys think? W700 only, or plus a Wacom bamboo maybe?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

darkkilltec Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
but what if i buy that wacom pen which has pressure sensitiviy? Will it work with that?
:iconmidnightmagnificent:
MidNightMagnificent Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As I understand it, the Wacom PEN works WITH the Wacom tablet to detect sensitivity, I don't think just buying a Wacom Pen to go with the tablet will work.

This is just a theory</b≥, as I've never actually tried using my Wacom pen on a tablet-ish thing to test if it works.
darkkilltec Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
that means i would need something like a bamboo pen tablet for drawing.
:iconmondu:
mondu Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Looking at the stats. that tablet has no means of detecting pressure. As such, I wouldn't recommend it for art.
:iconponyman8:
ponyman8 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
As I understand it, the W700 doesn't have an active digitiser, so isn't going to respond to pressure sensitivity. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 (which is excellent if you want an Android tablet) which comes with a cut down version of Photoshop and an older HP TouchSmart TM2, which is a full windows laptop (and would run Photoshop, but isn't very powerful), either of which may be more suitable for basic art work, though this is not an area I have personal experience of. The W700 does otherwise look a very attractive device however.
darkkilltec Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
so no idea anyone?
Add a Comment: