Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

How do you transform Vector art in SAI?

:iconxirix-sama:
Xirix-Sama Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
I'm getting stuck on some of the basics of Painttool SAI. I've drawn a circle on a vector layer and wish to resize it. But selecting it with the Marquee tool won't let me transform it, it says there's no pixels in the selection.

Is there a way to modify the size of the example circle? I can reposition it with the move tool but can't for the life of me figure out resizing.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxirix-sama:
Xirix-Sama Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Ah I see, choosing to select strokes worked. :) But is there a way to force it to maintain the aspect ratio of what you're transforming?
:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hold down the shift key while moving the corners of the selection.
:iconochanotsuki:
ochanotsuki Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Also, just wanted to say that you can select a vector line segment by having that layer over top of a blank normal layer. You merge the top vector with the bottom normal layer and Voila! You're vector is now a normal image and you can use the normal tools to resize it however you want. ^_^ Hope that helped/made sense. It's how I always do it.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
" to apply the transform tools to a selection on a vector layer requires a non-obvious additional step. After creating a raster selection by whatever means, the user must click selection on the menu bar and then click either select points or select strokes from the drop down menu after which the selected points are highlighted and are affected by the transformation tools as expected. Those points remain selected until the menu is opened again and clear selected points is clicked, even if another raster selection is made. "

source: wikipedia [link]
Add a Comment: